Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devonboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Mini Connector 2 channel working.

Go to solution

I have a pair of BT Mini Connectors working over the house electrics. I use channel 1 to connect my BT YouView box to my BT SmartHub 6. This works fine & it also works if I move it to channel 2. I have tried to connect my Smart TV to the Hub 6 over channel 2. This crashes my YouView box connection. If I disconnect the YouView box the Smart TV will work in either channel. Is there any reason why the two will not work together? I have looked at all the user guides & instructions for the BT Mini Connectors but can find no mention of using both channels.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Mini Connector 2 channel working.

Go to solution

There are not actually 2 discrete channels. You are effectively just extending one Ethernet port on the hub to a splitter with 2 ports at the distant end. This works ok for 2 normal devices but won't work if one of the devices is a YouView box, which works on Multicast, as it will interfere with the other device.

Devonboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Mini Connector 2 channel working.

Go to solution
Many thanks licquorice for the info. I wonder why BT never thought to add that little gem of information in any of their documentation.
0 Ratings