cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT Mini Connectors - Wired Connection

I'm connected currently using Virgin Media WiFi via mobile phone at a different address from where the BT is installed.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

@sea2dog wrote:
I'm connected currently using Virgin Media WiFi via mobile phone at a different address from where the BT is installed.

Then you will not be able to view the link, as its only accessible from a BT Broadband connection, as its in a Closed User Group. Try it again when you get home.

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 15

Cheers bud. 👍🏻
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 15

I have a small issue.
I've just set up two BT Mini connectors, one downstairs is connected to port 1 on the hub and other one upstairs for to be used for the computer is plugged directly into the wall socket with the ethernet cable connected to both the computer and the mini connector, it works, I can get online using the BT Mini Connectors, not using WiFi incase u ask due to the age of the PC, anyway....

The issue I have is when these are connected when I go to home on the bt-tv box (youview) then scroll to Players & Apps or BT Player it tells me that they aren't available, I just went upstairs, switched off the computer and the plug for the BT Mini Connector, went back downstairs, rebooted the hub and the unavailability messages have gone.

What could be causing this as I don't think it's back working correctly just because I rebooted the box as I had done so previously and it didn't help so I'm thinking perhaps that the BT Mini Connector has to be switched off upstairs in order to use the BT players & apps downstairs on the YouView box.
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 15

Looks like I've got it working, will post if things go square shaped.
0 Ratings