Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Powerline Adapters

Hi there

I’ve recently switched from Sky to BT to take advantage of Ultrafast broadband. 
Previously our Sky Router (in our utility room) was connected to 4 TP link powerline adapters, 1 at the router, 1 where the sky box / TV was, 1 where our home PC is and then a final one as a WiFi powerline adapter.

I had hoped to use the same set up when we switched to BT, however BT TV doesn’t recognise you as a customer unless you are connected to the Router, and the sent me some BT Powerline adapters.  
I’ve the same set up with 3 BT Powerline adapters (ROUTER/BT TV box in lounge/PC upstairs) and then also a TP link Powerline adapter for more wireless coverage upstairs.

However I’m getting variable speeds with the BT Powerline adapters.  Some of the time speeds on the PC are over 100Mbps, then at other times the speeds drop to less than 1 Mbps, it either works at full speed or a snails pace.  Likewise with the adapter attached to the BT box, streaming from Netflix/iPlayer can be fine, other times it is constantly buffering.

BT have sent me new Powerline adapters thinking the first set were faulty, but the problem is still there.

usually turning off the adapter and turning back on gets them to function at full speed, however this is pretty frustrating!

Any suggestions or help?

thanks 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Powerline Adapters

Did you manage to pair the tplink adapter with the BT adapter as you can only have one adapter connected to hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Powerline Adapters

Yes, I the TPlink is paired with the other Powerline adapters and is working fine (although it’s possibly less obvious if the speed drops?)

I did wonder whether the TP link adapter would be confusing things, however I keep coming back to the problem that is the BT Powerline adapters either functioning really well at full speed, or basically working so slowly they are almost useless, and require switching off and back on again.

thanks  

0 Ratings