cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 35

Re: BT Read This - Its not your SmartHub its your Firmware

You're better off having a separate SSID for each as then you know which AP you're connected to.

The problem with a lot of clients is that they're 'sticky' and always connect to the same AP, even if there's a nearer AP with a stronger signal. If you have the same SSID it's difficult to know which you're connected to.

Regards

varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 35

I thought so.

Well the HH6 is back and its on SG4B100021F4 updated 22/6/2016 so we shall see what happens.

0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 35

just an update. HH6 was on about 30 minutes and it updated the firmware to SG4B10002244 so will leave the WIFI on and see how it does.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
TheArtfulDodger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 35

May I ask the length of your SSID? I have found that the HH6 only accepts 30 characters instead of the specified maximum of 32! When I installed the HH6 I found that none of my devices would connect!

Sparky

0 Ratings
IcedChill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 35

I've had exactly the same experience as the original poster.  Everything works fine for a few days or weeks even.  Then DHCP stops working and when I check the hub I see that the firmware has updated.

Happened to me on 3 hubs so far.

0 Ratings
Nick1961
Beginner
Message 26 of 35

I'm on my 4th HH6 since the beginning of December & that one 'bricked' on Monday night.

I've now given up with HH6 & made an official complaint. I've told BT I want a HH5 until they resolve the problems with the 6.

It takes me  4-5 hours to install a hub & connect everything to it. Add to that the 12 or so hours on the phone to BT ,plus the day spent in waiting for the Openreach egineer that they insisted on, & it's about 40 wasted hours in 7 weeks.

BT's customer service has been pretty shambolic throughout this saga & the level of technical knowledge has been dire. How can you put someone at the business end of a technical helpline who refers to "the little white box" & doesn't know it's called a filter! Another one insitsed I reset the network adapter on my PC but couldn't explain how that would solve the problem with the other 61 deviced that routinely connect to the router.

Common sense seems to have deserted this organisation & been replaced by infexible systems that meander & never get to the route cause of the problem or a solution.

0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 35

"May I ask the length of your SSID? I have found that the HH6 only accepts 30 characters instead of the specified maximum of 32! When I installed the HH6 I found that none of my devices would connect!

Sparky"

5 characters

0 Ratings
TheArtfulDodger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 35

To Varkanoid:

You quoted one of my questions but only that - did you have a question or comment about it?

Sparky

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 29 of 35

@TheArtfulDodger

I think he did answer you.

5 characters

Was underneath his quote from your post.

Message 30 of 35

Hi @varkanoid @Nick1961 @IcedChill

Can you guys send us over your details so that we can have a look at the problem you're reporting?

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie