Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paulpa66
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

BT Router & Wifi

Go to solution

I currently use a bt router as a wifi repeater in addition to main one. If I moved to another provider, thus another main router (sky) would my BT one still work as a repeater? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Router & Wifi

Go to solution

@paulpa66

Hello, to answer your question, yes it should work as long as your using the hub from your service provider as the DSL modem. Our BT hub as other should be able to be a repeater like you are now... however, this type of setup is unlikely to be supported by your new service provider so I would keep this in mind if you have any problems in the future.

That said, sorry to hear you're considering changing provider, is there any particular reseason why you are thinking of leaving us? Are you having problems with your BT service, or are you leaving due to a competitive deal?

Either way, if you would like to consider staying with us, we can look at both. Feel free to drop me a private message and I will be happy to help.

Kind regards, Jack

BT TV expertJack
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
paulpa66
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you.

Leaving on price, i find it insulting when companies offer better deals to new cutomers and ignore those that have been loyal for 20+ years.  You may gain a new customer but you lose one too. 

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry to hear you feel that way, I understand where you're coming from. 

As mentioned previously, feel free to private message me with your BT landline number and I'll happily take a look at what we can offer.

Thanks, Jack

BT TV expertJack
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@paulpa66wrote:

Thank you.

Leaving on price, i find it insulting when companies offer better deals to new cutomers and ignore those that have been loyal for 20+ years.  You may gain a new customer but you lose one too. 

It's a standard business practice.

Just play the game & ask for a better deal, which BT will often offer. If they don't and/or you can get a better deal then way up the pros & cons of moving.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@TimCurtiswrote:

@paulpa66wrote:

Thank you.

It's a standard business practice.

Just play the game & ask for a better deal, which BT will often offer. If they don't and/or you can get a better deal then way up the pros & cons of moving.

It was late when I posted and obviously it should be WEIGH not WAY. Smiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
paulpa66
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Jack for looking into this and getting things sorted to our mutual benefit.