Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

BT Seriously Need to recall all their HomeHub 5's

Go to solution

Hi all,

I've been having serious problems with my BTHomeHub 5, and it appears that I am not alone on this situation. I've experienced the PPP LCP Send Termination Request errors and the reboot loop. The HomeHub 5 is unbeliveable and I've have had about 3 replacements and they all have the same thing in comon, they all reboot and have the same problems. The HomeHub 5 is a disgrace and I am going to be avoiding it until BT release a Type B version of this. I can upload a video of the HomeHub replacements that I have had and all of them rebooting. The lights go Green > Blue > Flashing Orange > Blue > Red > Off > Green and the cycle starts again. I don't want a replacement, I want this to be fixed with a type B version, and for now I am going back to the Home Hub 4. All the HomeHub 5's also have the lastest firmware, have been resetted 2 times and remain with the same problem.

I've got a feeling it is the hardware in the HomeHub 5 that has gone wrong.  I am very disappointed.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Seriously Need to recall all their HomeHub 5's

Go to solution

Hi

This sounds incredibly irritating! Forums always paint the service provider/technology in the worst light as no one logs on to say - "mines great today" but I am not aware of anyone else have issues identical to those you describe.

If you have had 3 HH5s in a row which have all failed is there any chance that there is another influence at play here and something else in your set up may be causing the issue?

There are some really good forum members whose technical skills are great and hopefully one of them will take you under their wing and help you through this.

Tim

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
To start with try a full factory reset of the hub
0 Ratings
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for your messages, I have tried everything from resetting to unplugging. It seems that there is a pattern when the HomeHub 5's start to reboot themselfs and I will be watching this. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Solved the problem with the HH restarting itself by manually selecting the wireless channels on the HH 🙂
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

My HH5 connection is great today....... Smiley Wink

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
den22
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I agree - it is dreadful

All I want to do is to replace my homehub 5 with a netgear N600 ADSL2+ and the "help" team simply say it is not possible,

Can anyone advise what third party router works with Infinity and how to set it up?

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Billion 8800nl, Asus DSL N66U, Vigor 2760n

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@den22 wrote:

I agree - it is dreadful

All I want to do is to replace my homehub 5 with a netgear N600 ADSL2+ and the "help" team simply say it is not possible,

Can anyone advise what third party router works with Infinity and how to set it up?

David

The BT "Help" team will not help you set up or use a non BT router, why would they.

You can replace your Homehub with any router you want. If it is not a VDSL modem/router you will also need to use an Openreach modem. You need to set it up as a PPPoE connection  and   the username is bthomehub@btbroadband.com  only use a pass word if the router asks for one and if it does you can use anything you want.

0 Ratings