cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danlocke123
Message 1 of 9

BT SimplerNetworks Powerline Adapter with TL-PA251

Hi There,

We recently had BT infinty installed, at which point the engineer moved our router, removing the need for powerline adapters for the BT Vision box. I immediately hooked them up to my computer and got ~37mb/s, plug-and-play. However, we had another PC at the other end of our house that was no longer in range, so I used the SimplerNetworks adapters with that machine, which once again worked OOB. I bought a TP-LINK TL-PA251 single passthrough adapter on Amazon to use with the first machine, as I wanted the high speed from before. I am using the exact same setup and cannot get a data connection. The power and ethernet lights are lit up but not the data light. I can see the mac address and an IP address on my computer but have no data- I tried to ping google.co.uk but get a 'cannot resolve host' message. I tried swapping the TP-LINK adapter with the SimplerNetworks one hooked up to the router but had no luck, so I put them back.

Can someone help me resolve this?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT SimplerNetworks Powerline Adapter with TL-PA251

did you pair the new powerline adapter with existing adapters?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Interworking between two different makes of adapters, can cause a lot of problems, as there are two different standards.

They cannot co-exist on the same mains wiring.

You may have to stick to one manufacturer, either TP-Link, or Simpler networks.

0 Ratings
danlocke123
Message 4 of 9

Yes, I held the SimplerNetworks one (connected to the router) for 3 seconds, then did the same with the TP-Link adpater to no avail
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

While Powerline adaptor brands are meant to be able to work with other brands they rarely do. You should stick to the same make.

0 Ratings
danlocke123
Message 6 of 9

Hmm ok, I have heard people have had success with the two, specifically with the 'newer' SimplerNetworks ones- we have had them less than six months if that helps.
0 Ratings
danlocke123
Message 7 of 9

Where can I purchase another SimplerNetworks one?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

should you not be pairing the powerline adapters together - no need to hold them beside the hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

A quick search and you should be able to get them on that well know internet auction site.

0 Ratings