Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bringbackmono
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Smart HUB 6 and Canon MG5300 Printer

Go to solution
Hi All....upgraded to Infinity 2 and Hub 6 this week....all fine except my Canon Printer (MG5300) seems to be hogging the ISP address when connected wirelessly to the router and my iMac announces that it has lost its connection due to another device being connected....bit baffling for me this one....got the printer working at the moment on a USB lead but would prefer to move it back to where it used to live and connect up wirelessly again....all ok previously with HUB 5 ....weird?......
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Smart HUB 6 and Canon MG5300 Printer

Go to solution

What is the error/announcement you're getting from the iMac? There have been reports of the Smart Hub allocating the same IP address to two or more clients, hence one is 'kicked off'. See message 56 of BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements for details.

Seems the poster of that issue resolved the DHCP problem by changing the default DHCP range the Smart Hub uses.

Regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Re-run the Canon Printer setup program, so it detects the correct address. On my Canon printer I have set the IP address manually, which makes things more reliable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Just to add, the printer would have remembered any previous IP address allocated by the old hub. The Hub 6 has probably assigned that IP address to another device, so the printer gets thrown off.

Re-running the setup should fix the problem.

0 Ratings
bringbackmono
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Tried everything with the Smart Hub 6 and it won't let me run my Canon MG5300 printer wirelessly....anyway I've given up and and reinstated my Hub 5, which fortunately I didn't send back and everything works perfectly first time...plus my download and upload speeds are better. I also noticed with the Hub 6 that every now and then my iMac would shut down to around 2.5 mBits download and I had to switch the hub off and back on again to get it to work at the right speed.... I can only conclude that this Hub 6 is either faulty or not designed to do the job properly. I shall stay with the Hub 5 I think.....
0 Ratings
marcusBMG
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I have just connected my MG5350 to newly arrived Hub 6. trick was to access setup on the printer (HOME > menu4), then wireless LAn set up. The screens prompt you to direct connection using the WPS button on the router. Worked like a charm.

0 Ratings
bringbackmono
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
I did all that but it still took my iMac out...I must have a faulty unit I think...
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

It must be all of the smart HUB 6's because mine is the same. I still cannot connect with either of my printers and all airdrop on the ipad/phones have been diabled. BT can't help, neither can HP or Cannon. Apple are at a loss as to why. Come on BT Tech guys please post a solution for us.

0 Ratings