Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WildWeasel109
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Smart HUB randon reboots

Hello,

Smart HUB has been in a running for 2 days, and seemed fairly sable, well apart from issues with DHCP....!  Today for no reason the HUB just rebooted, log entries are below.  I had the same issue with a Home HUB 5 (using internal model), switched an ASUS router with an external model and never had any unexpected reboots. 

Very frustrating......

I've had the line checked and no issue can be found, even had the wall splitter checked, no issue.

Log entries at time of reboot:

Channel: (0/36) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

Channel: (0/11) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

The Modem has successfully powered up

WAN: ethernet as LAN

LAN Neighbor Discovery : Host xxxx is set active

Is anyone else seeing random reboots using the Smart HUB?  Or any ideas on what can be done to resolve the issue?

I have split the wireless bands to have separate 2.4 and 5GHz.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Smart HUB randon reboots

did you check if firmware updated as many say it updates in first couple of days - current firmware is 21EC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WildWeasel109
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: BT Smart HUB random reboots

THe HUB has version SG4B100021EC (12 May 2016).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

yes that was a firmware update that caused the re boot nothing to worry about
0 Ratings
WildWeasel109
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Not sure how you came up with that theory.  I've been through the log and the system reported new firmware loaded on the 8th and since then I've rebooted, no system updated or firmware loaded today.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

that is because that is the latest version of the software which was downloaded in your case on the 8th does not always install on a manual reboot and waits for the update server to prompt the reboot
0 Ratings