cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Smart Hub 2 - Poor coonection

I have recently upgraded my BT contract and have been given a BT Smart Hub 2 (+ three disks) to replace my old Smart Hub.  I now find the connection to my iPad and iPhone seems to be poorer than before.  Looking at Facebook, Instagram and You Tube in particular, video seems to be buffering - something I haven't seen for years!  I'm never more than 4metres from either a disk or the hub.   Has anyone else come across this?   I'm not on Full Fibre yet - just Fibre 2.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 - Poor coonection

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

Did you try selecting the channels manually instead of auto?   If you have skyq then don't use channel 36

Did you try changing the wireless mode fro 1 to either 2 or 3?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Hi Imjolly. Thanks for the reply. I hadn’t switched off the smart setup. What does that do?

Oddly we don’t seem to have any problem with our tv channels, only our iPads and iPhones.

I didn’t know about changing the wireless mode.  I didn’t see anything about that in the app. How do I change the mode? 
Sorry about the questions but I’m new to this new setup!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

have you turned of smart setup   it is supposed to help connect devices but actually causes more problem's than it solves

Turn Off smart setup

If you go to hub manager then wireless you should see the mode heading and the(i) explains what the different modes are

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 7

Although the smart setup could be the answer make sure you’ve connected to both 2.4 and 5ghz frequencies. Furthermore the distance from the hub, (where the hub is placed) social media’s have been a bit iffy recently so try a range of browsers. Aswell as test other devices. If the same issue still persists run a speed test and make sure you aren’t running loads of devices. Although this might not happened before. It might due to device, interference and potential bandwidth issues. 

Message 6 of 7

Thanks Liamx7.  I think I must be connected to both frequencies because I see from the App that our ipads and iPhones are both connected at 5Ghz while everything is showing 2.4GHz.  There doesn't seem to be any way to change these.

It would be annoying if the problem was interference or bandwidth because I never has any problem with my original Smart Hub!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks Imjolly. I've turned off the smarthub setup so I'll see if it helps.   I've looked at the different modes and think I'll try switching to see if it helps too.    It's just frustrating because I never had problems with my previous Smarthub - and that didn't have extenders!

0 Ratings