cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Smart Hub 2 ~& Digital Voice Mesh Wifi Set up

Recently just had FTTP installs

Wasnt aware I'd have my digital voice service tethered to the actual route and dect phone

I wanted to reinstall my current Netgear Orbi Pro system, that was in place on my last ISP router and service with that ISP router in bridge mode

My understanding is

1) if I remove BT router and connect my mesh router to the ONT, I will lose digital voice

2) SH2 does not have a bridge mode

Q1) If I run my mesh direct from OTN, I assume digital voice does not work

So my plan will be to the SH2 DMZ on to forward to mesh solution and turn off  wifi and DCHP on the SH2,

Q2) will this suffice? avoid double natting and will my Digital Voice still work via a Smart Hub 2.

I am trying to stay away from using mesh as an access point only due to the subscription I pay for extra security features and VPN for NAS while I am traveling for work? the thought off shelling out 300 for more disc when I already have a substantial and more expensive investment in the current mesh system inplace 

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 ~& Digital Voice Mesh Wifi Set up

@drewuk wrote:

Recently just had FTTP installs

Wasnt aware I'd have my digital voice service tethered to the actual route and dect phone

I wanted to reinstall my current Netgear Orbi Pro system, that was in place on my last ISP router and service with that ISP router in bridge mode

My understanding is

1) if I remove BT router and connect my mesh router to the ONT, I will lose digital voice

Correct

2) SH2 does not have a bridge mode

Correct

Q1) If I run my mesh direct from OTN, I assume digital voice does not work

Correct

So my plan will be to the SH2 DMZ on to forward to mesh solution and turn off  wifi and DCHP on the SH2,

Q2) will this suffice? avoid double natting and will my Digital Voice still work via a Smart Hub 2.

You will still be double natting but Digital Voice should work I think.

I am trying to stay away from using mesh as an access point only due to the subscription I pay for extra security features and VPN for NAS while I am traveling for work? the thought off shelling out 300 for more disc when I already have a substantial and more expensive investment in the current mesh system inplace 

0 Ratings