cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Smart Hub 2 and A&K KANN Alpha music streaming issue

Go to solution

(Update due to error in subject line with earlier post - although the same issue existed with Hub 6 )

I have music service streaming connection issues with my Smart Hub 2 router and an A&K KANN Alpha music player. A connection is established but it drops out after 2 or 3 minutes of (buffering/)streaming. A&K are unsympathetic in their response so far, "UK BT router issue". It could be a "time-out" issue but it seems to happen shortly after the A&K unit enters some sort of quiescent state (screen goes off....). It remains connected long enough to download a significant number of files (like a whole playlist) and so playing "offline" works as a clunky work-around. It appeared to stay connected when I used it on a different home network with a non-BT router which supports what A&K are saying. Could anyone suggest an administrative tweak to get these 2 devices communicating correctly?

Incidentally YouTube videos stream ok.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 and A&K KANN Alpha music streaming issue

Go to solution

Update: SSIDs can't be split on the Smart Hub 2 but I can switch off one or other band.  The KANN Alpha appears to operate only on 2.4GHz.  Changing the wireless mode setting to 2 or 3 from the default mode 1 or forcing channels doesn't help.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Solved!  Bought new router.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hie,

I am having the same issues with my astell and kern alpha, just wondering what new router you bought?

Regards

W

0 Ratings