cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 and DiY Access Point

Go to solution

Sounds like a problem with the device somehow not changing to the different wifi source. I assume the hub and Netgear have different SSIDs

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution
No, I've given them the same SSIDs. I'm going to start over with a hard reset with the Netgear direct to BT SH2.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Try giving the Netgear a different SSID, never a good idea to have multiple devices with the same SSID.

Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @licquorice ,

Different SSIDs assigned but still same issue. The Netgear router is listed on the SH2 as;

mtoher1_0-1614759639501.png

Does this look right at the SH2 end? I was expecting to see the IP address I've assigned to the Netgear router there?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

The SH2 network map is a complete dogs breakfast and can't be relied upon for accurate information.

Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Log on to a PC or laptop which is connected directly to the SH2, open a command prompt (Win+R then type CMD), and then type in ping followed by a space and the IP Address you gave the Netgear. If you don't get a reply then the connection hasn't worked. e.g. ping 192. etc

Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

@licquorice @Les-Gibson after trying a number of different tweaks, I decided to have a go with an old D-Link router. Changed IP and disabled DHCP and it worked a treat! Not sure why the Netgear wouldn't play. I even discovered that it had an AP setting but that still didn't work. Anyway, all good now. Thanks for the responses! 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Strange, but pleased to hear you got a solution.

Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

No problem, was the netgear OK the last time you used it?

0 Ratings