cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

BT Smart Hub 6 won't take admin password even after factory reset

Hi,

We did a factory reset a few days ago as we couldn't connect to the hub via ethernet. We thought it could help, it didn't.

Anyway, now a new problem: since the factory reset, the hub won't take the admin password. Yes I have tried both the original one and the one I had set before the reset. I just keep getting an error message saying the admin password is wrong.

I have tried the password override, it didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Smart Hub 6 won't take admin password even after factory reset

@Lalaland44 wrote:

Hi,

We did a factory reset a few days ago as we couldn't connect to the hub via ethernet. We thought it could help, it didn't.

Anyway, now a new problem: since the factory reset, the hub won't take the admin password. Yes I have tried both the original one and the one I had set before the reset. I just keep getting an error message saying the admin password is wrong.

I have tried the password override, it didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Yes, a familiar problem, which is ongoing after I tried to fix someone's HH3, just last week.
I gave up after user lost confidence. So will wait for another day. There were other fundamental problems also.

Step 1 is to do the factory reset, with the ethernet cable disconnected, using a paper clip or other at the reset button. A 0.3/0.5 mm pentel type pencil is best.
You must hold the pin for anything from 15 to 40 seconds, otherwise you (may) only be restarting, not resetting. 

Try connecting the ethernet connection again and use the Admin password from the hub.

Some say that you should power down the Hub for a few hours, and try again.......but I'm not so sure!

0 Ratings