cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mickeym
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Smart Hub 6

Well, what does anyone think of the new smart hub 6. I invested £57-95 in one but can see no advantage over the home hub 5 what so ever. Just wondered what other user's thought. Think I will return mine and get my money back as no increase in speed and have a drop

of 3Mbs. No wonder there is  talk of splitting BT up, I have lost 20Mbs in speed since I joined Infinity 2, all I get after 35 phone calls is, you are in the tolerance range, and they change that at will to suit themselves, no answers as to why the speed drop from 75Mbs to 55Mbs, customer service appalling, split them up, they have got to big.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Smart Hub 6

The new hub for me seems to be a lot more reliable and has a better wi-fi signal than the Home Hub 5. The Hub Manager is also a lot easier to use. For your speed issue go to :

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

And it will tell you what your possible highest can be and what your possible lowest can be. You can post the results here without your telephone number if you need help. More experienced broadband members should be able to help

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

as using the hh6 can you go to hub manager then advanced then technical log and post stats

when you posted about speed problem before you never posted stats from hh5

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mickeym
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Skip to pagecontents

BT Logo
BT Smart Hub Manager

Home

Advanced settings

Technical log

Information

Event log

Back

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ62104318

Firmware version:

SG4B100021EC

Firmware updated:

12/05/16

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 2 Hours 28 Minutes 57 Seconds

Data rate:

19.39 kbps / 59.70 kbps

Maximum data rate:

19387 / 59705

Noise margin:

6 / 6.3

Line attenuation:

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

58 MB Uploaded / 1503 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Not active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-PSZ7

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 1)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-PSZ7

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Band steering:

Off

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

90:4D:4A:16:85:E6

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Mickeym
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Hope this is what you asked for. Just would like to know why I am always seeing my speed dropping. Started at 75Mbs for 8months then all the way down to 55Mbs, except for a 2 week period after a electrical storm which knocked everything out, came on again after 3 days at 74Mbs, but this only lasted 2 weeks then dropped again.
All I ask is WHY. My line is able to do 74Mbs because I have had it for the first 8 months and 2 weeks after the storm. WHY am I being cut back. Yes 55Mbs is good, but not what it was. WHY.
Any help regarding this, Thank you.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

as you can see from your stats your connection speed (allowing for reporting error) is the same virtually as your connection speed with noise margi about normal 6db.  was this done using the test socket with new filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

@Mickeym wrote:

All I ask is WHY. My line is able to do 74Mbs because I have had it for the first 8 months and 2 weeks after the storm. WHY am I being cut back. Yes 55Mbs is good, but not what it was. WHY.
Any help regarding this, Thank you.

Why?  Probably crosstalk as other users have been connected to your cabinet.

0 Ratings
Mickeym
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Strait out of master socket to router which was installed by BT, filter within the socket.
0 Ratings
barneyhairball
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

i get  26mbs. Just got new  smart hub.   Speeds same as for hub 5. I live in built up area abt 2-3 miles from exchange. Why is ur speed so great?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Your distance from  the exchange has no bearing on your speed, it is the distance to your green cabinet that matters. Everybody's speed is different, as everybody lives at a different distance from their cabinet and Infinity is very dependant on distance.

FTTC-speed-distance-graph.png

0 Ratings