Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 11 of 12

Re: BT Smart Hub 6

@Mickeym wrote:

Well, what does anyone think of the new smart hub 6. I invested £57-95 in one but can see no advantage over the home hub 5 what so ever. Just wondered what other user's thought. Think I will return mine and get my money back as no increase in speed and have a drop

of 3Mbs. No wonder there is  talk of splitting BT up, I have lost 20Mbs in speed since I joined Infinity 2, all I get after 35 phone calls is, you are in the tolerance range, and they change that at will to suit themselves, no answers as to why the speed drop from 75Mbs to 55Mbs, customer service appalling, split them up, they have got to big.

Welcome to my world 65 down to 40 and every time speed dropped estimates convieniently dropped too, took it to top level complaints who basically said the whole street is on aluminium cables and vectoring would improve things but OpenReach wont fix it as its within tolerance. They now knock £15 a month off my bill rather than fix the issue.

Smart Hub isnt bad but its not great, although though it is very stable on the VDSL side as I had a powercut in my area and during the bootup phase when everyone came back online it managed to pick up a 50Mb connection and hold it for a week with just a 2db SNR and I only lost the speed when BT in their infinite wisdom decided to reboot my Hub to enable BT Wifi even though I'm opted out.

I have problems with DHCP not assigning addresses properly, so my devices see the signal but cant connect without manual intervention, BT claim new firmware is being worked on to fix this.

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 12 of 12

Re: BT Smart Hub 6

Crosstalk is your enemy the reason you got a temporary boost is because you were able to connect before your neighbours, when these came back online it hammered the signal with crosstalk and your Hub would have held on to a reduced Signal to Noise Ratio for as long as it could.
0 Ratings