cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ojobson
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Smart Hub DNS not working - troubleshooting steps?

In the last couple of weeks all devices that were using the Smart Hub for DNS have stopped being able to access the internet. e.g a ping command in terminal will result in "cannot resolve facebook.com: Unknown host". If I change only the DNS to 8.8.8.8 (I've done this on all wired and wireless devices) then connectivity is restored.

I've tried turning the router off and on - what other trouble shooting steps should I be taking?

Router software is SG4B1000B540. I'm on FTTH.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Smart Hub DNS not working - troubleshooting steps?

try factory reset of the hh6 by holding the recessed button on back for 20/30 sec until lights flash  remember to turn off smart setup after reset

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ojobson
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Smart Hub DNS not working - troubleshooting steps?

Thanks - seems drastic... is uploading the saved config file to the router usually a reliable process? I have a well defined network environment and I don’t want to spend ages reconfiguring static IPs and port forwards.