cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 763

BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

I thought I would make this thread so it could help BT make the Smart Hub better.

Anyone please add any bugs you find or improvements you think would make it better (Within reason) with the current firmware listed. Current firmware: SG4B100021EC

• BUG: Under Home > Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information the Data Rate displays the speed in Kbps instead of Mbps.
  • IMPROVEMENT: Having an option to save the Hubs password on your browser so you don't have to keep re-entering it.  
0 Ratings
762 REPLIES 762
se1lad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Posted this in a different thread last night...

Current firmware: SG4B100021EC

BUG: Sometimes after I enter my password, the URL I am connected to changes to http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/?password=<mypassword>#/myNetwork/devices

so my password ends up being displayed in clear text as part of the URL

BUG: Not all of the help text is populated - e.g. Home -> My Network -> USB -> File System -> Help displays as:

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 763

the reporting error is a known issue and should be resolved in the next firmware release
as to the hub password it is like that on all hubs as it is a security feature
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 763

@john46 On the HH5 Type A I was able to save the password via google chrome. With the HH5 Type B I couldn't or now with the Smart Hub.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 763

ok suggest you save the password to your desktop and just copy and paste it in if that would help you as I posted it is really a security feature to prevent unauthorised access changing settings
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 763

I have done that Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
thomasmulhall
Contributor
Message 7 of 763

hi, I found when entering the password on a tablet or mobile sometimes you have to enter it mutiple times to get in or sometimes it just shows a grey screen.

also it would be great if the content would be the size of the screen instead of all at the top and squeezed together.

and would it be possible to support changing the colour of the boxes to the colour of our chooses please.

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 8 of 763

My Smart Hub has been running contiuously for nearly nine days now and my BT Wi-fi status, which has always been active on previous hubs, is still showing as not active. Have other people seen it showing active or is this a bug in the new Hub? Or does it take more than a week or so of running to get the status right?

I'm still able to pick up other people's BT Wi-fi signals when I'm out and about so I don't seem to have had my BT Wi-fi 'membership' taken away.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 763

the BTWIFI status on mine is now active  I went and opted into BTWIFI again as mine didn't appear to be active at start but is now 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
prinknash
Expert
Message 10 of 763

@imjolly wrote:

the BTWIFI status on mine is now active  I went and opted into BTWIFI again as mine didn't appear to be active at start but is now 

Thanks for this. I checked and the website says "BT Wi-fi Community Status: Opted In",  which is what it's always said. I'm reluctant to opt out and attempt to opt in again in case it won't let me back in so I'll wait and see if it updates. In the meantime, it just means no one else can use my signal.

Does sound as if something isn't working as it should.

p

0 Ratings