Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 61 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Your firmware will ipdate within a day or so to ending 21EC

problem 1 is probably characters not accepted and problem 2 has been posted a few times already if you read the thread

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
matthew1
Beginner
Message 62 of 763

Thanks. Can you confirm which are fixed in 21EC?

Apologies I thought I'd read the thread but must have missed the repeated problem 2 reports. I just checked this thread again and can't find it.. but it's possibly another thread has it in (new to these forums and don't regularly read them).

0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 63 of 763

@Retrovertigo wrote:

No complaints of iffy upnp implementation? Does that mean I could finally get a BT HUb that will allow me to connect two Xbox Ones and both have open NAT at last?

This isnt technically possible, you cant share ports at the same time, one device can use it the other cant.

0 Ratings
cmsleeds
Message 64 of 763

Using a PPTP type VPN from windows 10 crashes the smart hub (tried two different laptops)

I have this issue as well, works fine using Windows 7 or a Mac - did you get yours resolved ?

0 Ratings
delboy-lee
Contributor
Message 65 of 763

Advance settings/Technical/Event Log giving incorrect Ethernet Port Connection details.!

I am connected to Port 1 & Event Log reports connection/disconnections to Port 2

0 Ratings
bonky4
Beginner
Message 66 of 763

I have had the new hub 6 for a week or two and don't notice the wifi being any better than HH5. One thing I have noticed though......I have a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium which I got direct from EE. This handset has WIFI calling as standard without the need for any other periphal devices attached (which I believe you only get if you renew your contract direct with EE). However, since getting Hub 6 the Wifi calling is woeful and keeps dropping out even when I have no mobile signal. Has been getting on my nerves as I rely on Wifi calling as mobile siganl by me is rubbish. 

Today I changed the setting on the hub 6 to Mode 3 in the wireless mode settings section and notice the wifi calling signal stays on all around my house. Think this mode 3 makes Wifi more compatible for a range of devices although probably reduce the actual Wifi range too.

Thought I'd point out my findings in case anyome has experienced the same problem as me and hopefully BT techies are reading this and will make note as guess it might be a common thing for those who are lucky enought to have Wifi calling as standard on their mobile device. 

And as EE and BT are bedfellows they might wish to take note of my findings...........

0 Ratings
Highlighted
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 67 of 763

I don't use the Smart Hub but thought I'd add here the increasingly popular "green light" issue which is now reported in at least six different threads:

According to What do the lights on my BT Hub mean? the green light simply means "the hub is starting up" and all you need to do is "wait a couple of minutes for it to start". In each of the above that doesn't seem to be the case and the green light would seem to indicate the Smart Hub is now at best a paperweight.

@NeilO - Any response from the Hub team on these issues?

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 763

@smf22 Thanks for posting, we'll raise this issue with the Hub team.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 69 of 763

Hi all,

I've had the HH6 for about 2-3 weeks now, its works fine , BUT afte about a week it blocks my pc (ethernet)  from connecting to the Hub manger, also it stops the freeView box from connecting to on Demand /apps. Their all working off a TP-Link AV 1200 powerline adaptor, one from the router then splitting to Youview and pc. I can access Hub manager(HM) wirelessly through Ipad/iphone no problem. Never had a problem with the HH5 which i'm currently back on as the wife is kicking off. 

I saw this problem in the comments on here but not seen a solution, at the moment for me the only solution is to Factory reset, but shouldn't have too everytime it brakes and getting annoyed. The webpage (HM) when trying to connect to http://192.168.1.254/gui says website taking too long to responde. 

Any thoughts...

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 763

@smf22 wrote:

I don't use the Smart Hub but thought I'd add here the increasingly popular "green light" issue which is now reported in at least six different threads:

According to What do the lights on my BT Hub mean? the green light simply means "the hub is starting up" and all you need to do is "wait a couple of minutes for it to start". In each of the above that doesn't seem to be the case and the green light would seem to indicate the Smart Hub is now at best a paperweight.

@NeilO - Any response from the Hub team on these issues?

Regards

Add me to this list now as well, albeit without having created my own thread about it.

My home hub 6 arrived on Thursday. I left it on overnight in anticipation of my switch on Friday. Within 48 hours of turning the thing on, I had the constant "green light of death". Now I am left tethered to my mobile phone, being charged an arm and a leg for data, on a speed of 1.6 d/l, instead of the 52 mb I am paying for, until my replacement home hub 6 arrives.

Needless to say I am not too happy about this 😛 .

0 Ratings