cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 71 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

as the mods have only picked up the matter to passed to the hub team and it is a Sunday it will take time before the mods get a reply and they post back here
0 Ratings
w0400
Message 72 of 763

This ios a known problem. I spend 90 minutes on an online chat before ending up on a phone call with BT WiFi. They have turned off BT WiFi with FON on the ASmart Hub 6 to fix a problem. However you are still opted in to be able to use BT WiFi.

Yes the BT website points you to pages that don't help much and my online chat wasted lots of time.

My performance of the SH6 is poor in terms of range. Looks likeit is not as good as advertised. 😞

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 73 of 763

@john46 wrote:
as the mods have only picked up the matter to passed to the hub team and it is a Sunday it will take time before the mods get a reply and they post back here

It will be interesting to see what the reply says.

It seems obvious that the Smart Hub was released before it was fit for general use, with fairly basic functions like BT Wifi and Access Control broken and various other problems which seem widespread (e.g. hubs stuck on green light, wifi unusable until the channels are split, apparently random DHCP/static allocations, etc.) I assume the Hub Team knows about all this and is, I suspect, cross that the marketing guys won the day and achieved the premature release.

0 Ratings
djmutters69
Message 74 of 763

LOL

0 Ratings
djmutters69
Message 75 of 763

Had my HH6 2 weeks slower speeds and poorer wireless then my HH5 so they sent me another HH6 and still slower speeds and poor wireless I kind of feel cheated and paid £50 for the privalage.

0 Ratings
bonky4
Beginner
Message 76 of 763

Addendum to original post......... After a day of success, the phone wouldn't hold onto the Wifi calling even using option 3 setting on hub. So have reverted to option 1 (faster signal) and only use the 2.4GHZ channel for Wifi on my phone and since then have had no further issues [for 2 days] with Wifi calling dropping out. Maybe Wifi calling it doesn't like 5Ghz channel?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
se1lad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 77 of 763

Spotted another bug - in the Technical Log, the Maximum data rate only changes whenever the line disconnects and resyncs.  On the older hubs this was a dynamic reading which would change throughout the day as the SNR varied slightly.

0 Ratings
JaiBones
Beginner
Message 78 of 763

[edit] Sorry posted in wrong thread!

On topic though, any chance the OP could actually collate all these bugs into the first post, save reading the whole thread please? Cheeky request I know, but would make seeing them all in one place a lot easier.

0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 79 of 763

Hi just a quick update to add to my previous mention of the ip allocation being not so "static" on tuesday i got a call from the "wife to be" saying the sky on demand, laptop, main pc and smart tv wasnt connecting to the net. got home to find the "smart" hub has assigned EVERY device the same ip........... even after a full factory reset and reprogram its already started doing random ips. the only fix ive found that works is to set the ip address on the devices themselves (and set them to use googles dns servers at the same time), shame the kindles wont let me tho.

Think its time we got both ofcom and tradeing standards involved, or whoever deals with isp supplyed kit.

0 Ratings
bonky4
Beginner
Message 80 of 763

My hub 6 seems to show I am opted out of BT wifi yet not sure why that is as I wasn't on my HH5 (and haven't knowingly opted out). Yet I do appear to be able to access BT Wifi hotspots when out and about. And when I try and log into by BT Wifi account on BT's website my password isn't accepted yet it is on the BT Wifi app on my smartphone.......most odd...does anyone know what's going on?

..................OK, 5 mins later after posting this paragraph above, I managed to access my BT Wifi account through my normal log in to the main BT website. My wif status says I'm opted in yet my hub (under the BT smart hub manager page) says my BT Wifi status 'not active'.....confused............

0 Ratings