Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaufman
Contributor
Message 151 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Got my replacement HH6 today.

Firmware: SG4B100021EC

Not saving static/dhcp choices like the other firmware SG4B100021F4.

Will keep an eye on it. Overall this whole thing seems to be a a bit of a shambles for BT. How hard can it be to just improve upon the HH5?

My HH5 (apart from problems with 5GHZ Wi-Fi) was pretty **bleep** solid. I expected the same from this but judging by reports on this thread this doesn't seem to be the case.

0 Ratings
Message 152 of 763

Hi Guys,

I've moved a few post discussing the wireless issue relating to the recent firmware up onto the thread  Hub 6 wireless now unuseable. The hub team are investigating and it would be good to keep those comments on the same thread.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
peter-d-w
Aspiring Contributor
Message 153 of 763

@smf22 wrote:

After a certain period of time, I'm not sure you can delete a post. To include the text of the post you're replying to, use the "Quote" button at the top right of the area in which you type your post.

Regards

Got it. Many Thanks!

0 Ratings
lrho
Beginner
Message 154 of 763

Hi. Got switched from BT Infinity 1 to 2 last week. Still at same speeds as before switchover. I believe the Smart Hub is part of the problem. I get 45 down and 15 up on the Smart Hub. When I put the HH5 back on it consistently increases to 52 up 20 down. I believe there is a bug within the SH.

I have detailed screencaps of both hubs if anyone wants. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 155 of 763

@AndyCoffin wrote:

Hi all had mine for a week now and would like to add my 2p......

Hub 6A with firmware SG4B100021EC and gui 1.28.3

I use stactic ip's on all my devices and have noticed that even tho i set them to the static mode and save the data that next time i log in altho the device is useing the ip i want to the screen says its running via dhcp and not static.

The hubs main ipv6 page says that v6 is active however in the netwok page several v6 compatible devices i have some show v6 address's and others say the hub is not enabled for ipv6, this is the same for band steering (which i dont use anyway and have disabled as i have seperated the ssid's) example we have 2 samsung s5neo phones, one is saying all this is working, the other says not enabled.

wireless devices disapering from the network list this happens mainly with the phones and sky box, when i first got the hub i was experimenting with the signal strength (which is POORER then the hub5a, and i have a signal strength meter to show this), the devices where configered on 2.4g but when moved to 5g the devices disapear completely as if they never exsisted but still connect and work fine. ive tryied deleteing the 2.4g and repairing/setting up in 5g but even tho it connects and is gived a low dhcp id it does not show on the network list.

We have a hp officejet pro 8600plus printer/scanner connected via ethernet but the scan-to-computer system sometimes drop out overnight and we have to power down the 1gig switch to get it back online even tho the printing works fine. (printer firmware/drivers up to date) never had problems with the hub5a.

No signal attenuation data and only 1 line attenuation reading but unknown if its up/down.

On the plus side after 4 days my line has gone from mild interleaved with a 612 to fastpath with the hub6a, i had always had almost full sync but my ping has droped by a around 5 to 8ms which is always nice to have.

Only improvements i would like to see is being able to get to the technical log from the main screen instead of going to the advanced tab first and for the data to update in realtime like the dsl uptime does.

applogys for spelling mistakes but chrome's spell check wont work for some reasion.

I had two hubs - 21EC did exactly the same for me with the static versus dhcp. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
James_edge
Beginner
Message 156 of 763

Hub 6 reboots itself whenever I try and connect to work VPN lol.  It's now back in the box and the Hub 5 is back doing the job it's been doing fine for years.

If BT are going to offer the Hub 6 to people as a enticement to renew their contrat they should proberbly have made sure they worked first, instead of sending out buggy junk to replace fully working equipment.

0 Ratings
Simonb1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 157 of 763

When will there be an update from BT around the issues their customers are experiencing with the Smart Hub 6?

I rang in early August and was told an update would be released on August 15th.

Why is it such a secret? We haven't had anything other than the Hub Team are investigating. Surely we deserve an acknowledgement of wha the problem is and a timescale for a fix?

0 Ratings
kaufman
Contributor
Message 158 of 763

@Simonb1 wrote:

When will there be an update from BT around the issues their customers are experiencing with the Smart Hub 6?

I rang in early August and was told an update would be released on August 15th.

Why is it such a secret? We haven't had anything other than the Hub Team are investigating. Surely we deserve an acknowledgement of wha the problem is and a timescale for a fix?

+1

I can only assume by their silence they don't know why these problems are happening and still don't have anything concrete to tell us?

0 Ratings
nix99
Contributor
Message 159 of 763

@Simonb1 wrote:

I think the problem is here that the issues seen haven't reached a 10 on the 'oh f**k' scale yet. I have a friend who use the HH6 - he's got a PS4 & a couple phones on wifi but not much else, he's never had any problems. He is (I would guess) one of the many users who never logs into the device webpage, just uses the SSID on the back of the unit and never screws around with any of the system settings ( 🙂 ).

It's hard to know how many HH6's are out there and how many of us are seeing issues, if the percentage of the latter is still quite low then I doubt BT will be in any rush to push out an upgrade.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 160 of 763

I'm on my second smart hub which I've had for 15 days now. Yesterday evening about 8pm it turned itself off and then on again. So far no other oddities but is it correct that the smart hubs reboot themselves every 2 weeks?

0 Ratings