Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nix99
Contributor
Message 171 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

@Ken1 wrote:

Does anybody know anything about this as I now have expensive kit that is wasted unless I physically reset the sustem each day???  

I had this issue on my hub too with a couple of devices. I 'fixed' the issue by adjusting the DHCP allocation range.

See Advanced settings -> My network -> IPv4 configuration and change the 'Start address' on the DHCP Server. Mine now ends in .50.

Good luck!!

0 Ratings
millertime9
Message 172 of 763

i have had the hub 6 for a week, but my 2 youview boxes hate it and my wireless connections keep dropping

i have switched off smart setup but wireless devices still drop

i have awful quality on bt sport through either of my youview boxes, keeps cutting out and going pixely

have borrowed my cousins old hh5 and it is flawless - anyone know why this could be?

0 Ratings
spwatson39
Message 173 of 763

Absolutely shocking reliability. Numerous calls to BT and still no solution.  Just been told by disconnections to speak to techincial and say "my router has no lights on and will not power up" in order to get a new one!

WTF???

0 Ratings
Kant
Beginner
Message 174 of 763

Just had an intersting exchange with online chat:

BT: Would you like me to send you a new hub 6

Me : it's worth a try - this one is unstable; loses connections to my devices and has worse range than the HH5

Me : are there known faults with early smart hubs- have BT improved things?

BT: Yes the smart hubs are working properly now so if you want I can send you a replacement BT home hub

Let's have another go then...!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 175 of 763

My 2 week old replacement HH6 has been fine after an initial glitch. Fingers crossed it remains stable.
0 Ratings
Cjd-1
Contributor
Message 176 of 763

what firmware is it running??

0 Ratings
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 177 of 763

It's running firmware SG4B100021F4 and smart control is set to 'on', purely because I have had no issues thus far.

0 Ratings
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 178 of 763

Finally gave up on my Smart Hub. Every 2-3 weeks without fail it had to be factory reset as DHCP would stop issuing IP addresses to certain devices. After a factory reset it worked perfectly but the problem always came back. This is also not fixed in any of the recent firmware updates.

Replaced it with my old HG612 and a Ubiquiti Edgerouter X. No problems at all now.

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 179 of 763

yes same here tried two hub 6 now both rubbish so back to hg612 and hub 5 and perfect.

0 Ratings
LAM09
Message 180 of 763

Just got a Smart Hub recently and seemed more stable until the last few days. I'm unable to connect to wireless network despite it being present in the search list.

Is the only solution to restart the router each time to resolve the issue?
0 Ratings