cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonnyO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 191 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Whilst thats great Paddy, you make no mention of any fix for the DHCP IOS10 issues that many are reporting. Whats the story with that?

0 Ratings
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 192 of 763

The new firmware doesn't resolve the DHCP issues.

0 Ratings
Cjd-1
Contributor
Message 193 of 763

😞

And mines not been pushed yet.......

0 Ratings
kaufman
Contributor
Message 194 of 763

This new firmware doesn't seem to mention a fix for the random disconnects that some of us have been getting where the light stays blue yet no devices can connect to the internet? Or am I wrong?

I love the wording of this as if firmware makes your experience of the Smart Hub "better". Like we being done a favour in some way?

It *could* be worded like that if BT was delivering bonus features or added compatibilty but not if you're simply fixing issues that should have been correct from the get go.

I despair of the way products are foistered upon the market these days full of bugs with inadequate testing.

I'll plug in the HH6 tom and see if the new firmware does the trick in the next few weeks.

0 Ratings
StuartL
Message 195 of 763

Smart Hub not so smart

Hi - I have a smart hub which keeps causing me problems. Every couple of days I will stop being able to connect to the internet on any of my devices; the blue light remains on and the wifi stays up but nothing gets through until the hub is rebooted. Anyone had the same problem and know how to resolve it? There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to update the firmware on it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 196 of 763

Re: Smart Hub not so smart

Have a read of the posts in this board regarding the HH6 https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/bd-p/OtherBB Firmware is pushed and cannot be downloaded.

0 Ratings
robjtom
Message 197 of 763

hub 6 constant disconnection.

I have a constant issue with the hub 6 dropping the conection every hour or so, i then have to restart the hub 6 every time to possibly get connected. Wifi signal is worse and hardly have wifi, which mean i use my 3g  on my mobile which again cost myself money. As i can see from this forum I so do many bt infinity customers. I have just come off the phone from bt customer services techincal and have been told that their is no issues with my broadband. I have had the upgrade to infinty for about a month and i have only had issues from the start. Please get back to me or i will be contacting trading standars.

Regards 

Robert.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JoeH
Contributor
Message 198 of 763

Re: hub 6 constant disconnection.

Hi.    I'm having the same problem, had it installed on the 29th Sep, informed BT on the 3rd Oct, who told me the line was OK and the speed was OK . They are looking into a problem at the area server and could be up to 5 days. And yet when I look into the problems in my area there are none. I have no confidence in such a big company like BT and the smart hub is not very smart. What area are you in. Let me know how you get on.

regards.  Joe.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
neilc123
Message 199 of 763

Yep same problem here.  Exactly as described with the blue light showing yet not able to connect to the internet.  Happening at least once a day.  Also get actual disconnects with the light turning orange, and the iPad refuses to even contemplate connecting to the wifi on either band.  

Since I plugged in an old open reach modem and hooked it up to an apple router a few days ago I've had no disconnects and everything works as it should... except for the BT channels (sport) that require this HH6 so I've lost those, but internet is more important for the work I do.  

0 Ratings
JoeH
Contributor
Message 200 of 763

Sounds worse than mine. I'm ok logging on to the Internet on the computer it's just struggling getting the extra Internet and BT sports channels. Having to reboot the Youview box numerous times to get them to work.

0 Ratings