cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m0sbf
Contributor
Message 221 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

I have exactly the same problem. My Hub 6 was "upgraded" to the 22 June 16 software automatically last Thursday.

Friday morning there was no Internet on any wired or wireless connected devices and no admin access to the router at 192.168.1.254. After several power-downs and reboots I eventually got it working - only to find the Internet inaccessible the following day. Each time the blue light is on the front panel and WiFi devices show as connected OK, but there is no IP connectivity to the Internet.

In addition, this new firmware has TOTALLY BROKEN the BT Access Control. It never worked reliably on the 12/05/16 firmware and I was forever deleting and re-setting up the rules. But the 22Jun16 firmware it doesn't work at all. Great success BT!

In advance settings my connect speed shows as 10kbps and 40kbps, which shows the attention to detail that's gone into this new firmware's testing. IT IS A TOTAL DISGRACE. THIS HH6 IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE AND I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO ASK FOR A REFUND FOR THE £50 I PAID FOR THIS PILE OF UNTESTED JUNK.

THE "BEST WIFI COVERAGE" CLAIM IS ALSO VERY DODGY. BT NEED TO BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN MAKING THESE KINDS OF UNSUBSTANTIATED MARKETING MESSAGES. IN REALITY THE HH6 IS BARELY ANY BETTER THAN THE HH5 FOR WIFI COVERAGE.

0 Ratings
grinnders
Beginner
Message 222 of 763

I found a thread that explained how to run BT Youview through a Netgear, all about IGMP and multicast settings. Worked for me.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/BT-compatibility-with-Nighthawk-modem-router-D70...

0 Ratings
grinnders
Beginner
Message 223 of 763

This was in response to someone saying they were stuck with Smart Hub due to BT Vision
0 Ratings
max0x7ba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 224 of 763

Had to return it to BT citing these issues. Got my £50 back.

0 Ratings
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 225 of 763

Smart Hub upgraded top F4 and turns into a pumpkin!

Since I've had the Smart Hub 6 (24/6) with SG4B100021EC its been reasonably well behaved, but on Saturday (8/10) BT updated the firmware to SG4B100021F4; it now turns into a pumpkin approx every 24 hours.

Powercycling it gives limited access you cannot connect to http (port 80) including the hub, but can connect to https (port 443), the only way is to perform a factory reset to get full functionality back.

Maybe I should have posted in the bugs post but this I think is more a screw by BT, its called leave well alone whilst something is working.

0 Ratings
orientfan
Message 226 of 763

I have been having these issues since the latest firmware "upgrade" which I got over the weekend - reported to BT who are going to send an engineer out. I told them that was pointless but he/she will arrive on Saturday anyway.

My troubleshooting looks like 5G connections are causing issues but apart from that it's dropping out anyway. I am unable to get anything to connect on 5G and most attempts cause the router to reboot.

Some response from BT would be great, if only a change log for firmware. They appear to have really messed up.

0 Ratings
se1lad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 227 of 763

My firmware updated to SG4B100021F4 a few days ago, and similar problems to what has been reported already - specifically hub crashing when tyying to connect on 5ghz.  I've done a factory reset and seems better since.

It's odd that BT would continue to push out a firmware which obviously causes issues for some users, especially as there is a 'new' firmware out in a few weeks.

Unless of course SG4B100021F4 is the 'new' firmware, and the initital users who got it were all on a pilot! : )

0 Ratings
orientfan
Message 228 of 763

SG4B100021F4 is the version I now have and that's what is causing the issues here. I'd like to know what sort of testing is done - the firmware date suggests a long time in testing - I think I'd rather not comment.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
se1lad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 229 of 763

@orientfan wrote:

SG4B100021F4 is the version I now have and that's what is causing the issues here. I'd like to know what sort of testing is done - the firmware date suggests a long time in testing - I think I'd rather not comment.

Try a factory reset (if you havn't done so already) - this appears to have fixed the problem for me.   

0 Ratings
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 230 of 763

""Since I've had the Smart Hub 6 (24/6) with SG4B100021EC its been reasonably well behaved, on Saturday (8/10) BT updated the firmware to SG4B100021F4; it now turns into a pumpkin approx every 24 hours.

Powercycling it gives limited access you cannot connect to http (port 80) including the hub, but can connect to https (port 443), the only way is to perform a factory reset to get full functionality back.""

It appears when BT-FON is re-enabled the above behaviour occurs, this happened once with the EC firmware as BT_FON was only re-enabled by BT again after the update to F4 so far twice within a matter of hours of BT-FON the above occurred.

This is only my observation, SH6 is as comes out of the box with default settings. everything works until BT-FON is re-enabled.

Should mentioned now on 3 day without an issue.

0 Ratings