cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 261 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

I would like to request that bt rework the firmware to enable the 6a to use lan4 as a wan port if a modem is connected to it. would be useful for a backup or even to let people use the 6a (assumeing they ever get the thing working properly) with g.fast as it has been reported that g.fast will be done with seperate modems at least in the begining.

0 Ratings
mjianoran
Message 262 of 763

I received the smart hub last week. I now have a problem accessing some websites such as youtube, bbciplayer and some apps such as facetime on my laptop and ipad. Works fine on my android phone. I never had this lproblem with Hub5. I phoned the broadband team this morning and they did some re alignment but it just makes matters worse.
Can someone advise if I need to bin this hub 6 and go back to hub 5?
0 Ratings
Message 263 of 763

I have an issue where the attached devices stops showing up so there is no way to port forward or link static IPs. You have to reset the router every time. A real pain in the backside.  I am on firmware SG4B100021F4.

0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 264 of 763

@mjianoran wrote:
Can someone advise if I need to bin this hub 6 and go back to hub 5?

Yes, until BT either issue a software update to fix the problems or they decide the HH6 will never work as advertised and bring out a replacement.

My HH6 is gathering dust and I'm using a HH5.

0 Ratings
matthew1
Beginner
Message 265 of 763

I have received it just now:

Firmware version:

SG4B10002236

Firmware updated:

22-Oct-2016

Associated log:

11:16:18, 22 Oct. A device reset was performed (GUI/Button)
10:51:46, 22 Oct. The Modem successfully installed a firmware update
10:51:23, 22 Oct. The Modem is installing a firmware update

Interestingly it rebooted itself to install it.

First thing I've noticed is some character corruption in the TR69 logs:

11:21:00, 22 Oct. InformResponse:TR69 receiving x��݅�o���v��M� � message

Appears to be no other changes, so I suspect a bugfix release.

0 Ratings
cinek
Contributor
Message 266 of 763

I'm still on the old fw

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 267 of 763

If I were you, cinek, I'd keep my fingers crossed that you can stay on the old firmware as long as possible!

My HH6 (now back in its box) was perfectly stable for 4 months on firmware 21EC but updated to firmware 2236 yesterday afternoon. It then kept rebooting (more than half a dozen times between then and this morning) and I couldn't solve that with a factory reset. The last straw was when all Wifi devices lost connectivity half an hour ago. At that point I decided I was wasting far too much time trying to get the HH6 to work sensibly and, there being no way to go back to the 21EC firmware, am now using my HH5 again.

p

0 Ratings
Highlighted
nblackburn
Contributor
Message 268 of 763

I'm getting a similar problem with the HH6 with firmware SG4B100021EC that was reported here

Bug: After about a week to ten days all ethernet ports stop working. Wireless continues to work though. A restart doesn't fix it but turning it off and back on does.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Shaenei
Beginner
Message 269 of 763

Just been forced to get my hh5 out, my connection speed is just getting hammered as the hh6 just keeps resetting my connection ever 2 days.

Fastest and most reliable router, i doubt that bt. Might need to redo your advert imho as its all lies

0 Ratings
robjtom
Message 270 of 763

Re: hub 6 constant disconnection.

after numerouse calls to bt, i had enough and asked for a new hub 5 to be sent out. it arrived and im back on the net. 😉
They can stick the hub 6
0 Ratings