cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simonb1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 271 of 763

Re: hub 6 constant disconnection.

What number did you ring please? I need a HH5 sending out, I'm fed up with the problems.

0 Ratings
blue2000
Beginner
Message 272 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Having same problem with home hub6. Resetting itself some days 4 or 5  times.

BT sent a replacement it ran ok 36 hours then the problem started again.

Seems like they have  problem that is not been rectified.

0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 273 of 763

makes me wonder if its a overheating problem. Works fine for a few days, overheats and damages some component then doesnt work properly from then on no matter what firmware is used.

0 Ratings
eugene7
Contributor
Message 274 of 763

I cannot connect/log-in to my BT Smart Hub usng a PC connected by Ethernet on my main PC, but it works when I connect my laptop via WiFi OR Ethernet, so there is someting different with my desktop...

I have dissabled all anti-virus (Kaspersky) and made sure Windows Defender doesn't activate, but still can't connect!

Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
bishopman
Message 275 of 763

Have you tried connecting your desktop to a different ethernet port? My HH6 (now gone back to HH5) didn't work on port 4.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
bigmickg
Beginner
Message 276 of 763

Hello same story really as everybody seems to be having with these smart hubs . First one lasted a couple of months then dropping out wifi and hanging on a green light untill reset, so quick online chat and bt sent me a new smart hub hooraah

The new smart hub arrives Tuesday evening and works perfectly untill I wake up Thursday morning to discover no wifi signal. All lights are blue and working as they should but no wifi , I do the dance of on then of, unplugged then plugged back in, factory reset then press the wps button on the side but no dice it's a gonner. Much more of a drawn out process this time online chat with India who then phone me and pass me to a call center in England (options team or something like that) who then pass me on to tech support in India "sigh" an hour later and smart hub 3 is being sent out

Just to see if have a friend come round with a laptop and ethernet cable and the home page for the smart hub says the wifi is off and the background for icon is yellow/orange not blue like the rest, so I go into advanced settings which says wifi is switched on. Looking at the firmware it says the firmware was updated today (assuming between midnight and me waking up) to firmware sg4b10002236.

So hopefully it was a one off and mk3 smart hub will work and this latest update firmware is not a smart hub killer
0 Ratings
kaufman
Contributor
Message 277 of 763

I'm still waiting for my HH6 to update to the latest firmware and it's been nearly been a month since this update went live!. I've had to reset the router every two days pretty much. Getting absolutely sick to death of this fiasco and not convinced that it will be sorted out by firmware.

We may have been sold a turkey and just in time for Christmas...

0 Ratings
Simonb1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 278 of 763

I have the latest firmaware and I'm having problems. I can't connect my iPad to the internet tonight despite the blue light being on the Hub.

0 Ratings
cinek
Contributor
Message 279 of 763

I have a new firmware: SG4B10002236

updated y'day. Lets see what happens now

0 Ratings
DHoust
Message 280 of 763

I have had hub6 for 2 months now, first issue when switching over from hub5 was my sky signal broadcast over my network via an hdmi extender to all smart TVs wouldn't work - I'm reluctant to give sky any more money for multi room or skyq - not a huge issue but annoying. 

2nd issue started a few weeks ago - nest smoke alarms (all 6) would lose network connection one at a time. Would last a few days after a reboot then lose connection again. 

3rd issue. Hub has to be rebooted after a few days even with the latest firmwear. With blue light, nothing will connect. 

Plugged in hub5 again and everything is good, even TV's

anyone any ideas ?

thanks

David

0 Ratings