cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamjar62
Expert
Message 321 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Yeah new the Asus is £149 but i got a  near new one on the auction site for £95   which was a good deal 🙂   the T.P Link modem/router is very good too and only £40  🙂  

JamJar62
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 322 of 763

@jamjar62 wrote:

the T.P Link modem/router is very good too and only £40  🙂  

£34.76 Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
kestrel539
Aspiring Contributor
Message 323 of 763

I think BT are getting the message now.

Used the on line chat to report my HH6 not allowing internet access over the wireless connection.

Within 5 mins was offered a HH5 in exchange for the 6, and a rebate.

Just used the phrase " not fit for purpose "

0 Ratings
Steve_
Beginner
Message 324 of 763

Hello BT peeps, I'm actually with Plusnet but using the BT Smart Hub 6.

The 5.8Ghz works very well for me with improved range over the HH5, but the 2.4Ghz regularly disconnects.

I was unsure if the firmware would update with being with Plusnet, but it did recently. No improvement with 2.4Ghz though...
0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 325 of 763

Someone mentioned that 5Ghz band (AC) uses the 40/80 setting to achieve the full performance.

Forgive my lack of knowledge but surely this would mean 4 (or 2 ??) channels are being populated.

When I look at my 5Ghz with a wifi analysis tool (Inssider 3 software) it shows it as 'AC' but

only indicates one channel (36) as being used.

Have I set the Smart Hub correctly to use the extra channnels for best performance (other neighbours are

shown up on the software as straddling adjacent 5Ghz channels although not Home/Smart Hubs?

A final point.... if we all (4 users) do this won't there be some interference/congestion defeating any

improvements.

The Smart Hub seem to severely restrict channels available ....even the Hub 5 allowed all 13 2,4 Ghz

channel to be individually selected and non BT users can select a much wider range on the 5Ghz band.

What's the best set up (settings) on 5Ghz and for me how do you adjust the Smart Hub Manager to achieve it?

Help for a novice appreciated. Not sure if I am achieving anything extra using 5Ghz at the moment.

New 2236 firmware appears to be a slight improvement although still having 2.4 & 5Ghz disconnects and

no networks being detected on 5Ghz ('cannot connect to a network' message) but less often.

21EC firmware was better from subjective judgement but hopefully further updates will improve

on current performance.

Download/Upload speeds do appear to be less variable and a tad higher on the

Smart Hub compared with Hub 5 but completely spoiled by frequent enough to be annoying

disconnections.

0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 326 of 763

Anyone noticed from the Smart Hub Manager statistics if there has been any hardware changes

as the Hubs have rolled out (from the version information).?

I will be getting a new Smart Hub soon with an Infinity upgrade and any improvements over the original

issued one would be welcome. I was a very early adopter.

0 Ratings
Beamobhoy
Beginner
Message 327 of 763

Had the Home hub now for three months and had nothing but problems with the drop outs. Changed the hub once but still have problems. Changed the lease to 21 days but still getting drop outs daily. I have just ordered a BT Hub5, can anyone tell me if this should work and be reliable? I
0 Ratings
Beamobhoy
Beginner
Message 328 of 763

I must add that I have contacted Watchdog as well.
0 Ratings
Wookie999
Beginner
Message 329 of 763

I just cancelled my Internet+Phone Contract that allowed than damnable devils device the 'Smart Hub' to ever enter my home.

Don't waste your time with trying to fix this, it is the unwanted child of a bungling team of programmer's poor code. It does not work, or when it appears to, just when you get your sanity back, it will stop working again. or make you think all your IP devices are now defective.

Get rid. Make a brew. Feel great.  Now that is 'smart'.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Wookie999
Beginner
Message 330 of 763

They have Frustrated the Contract.   They breached the Contract as they did not Deliver.   Delivery includes a reliable service, a Hub that is bug-free and sorted, speed is irrelevant.

This is a 100 percent win at any Small Claim Court.  try it, you will enjoy the process, make the Little Man feel gooood.

I 100% guarentee you will win.

[edit] - that was a reply to a soul who BT told is now trapped to their Contract.  Nope, does not work like that BT, no Contract in the world protects you selling such horse manure.   Sorry, at least horse manure is useful, unlike that damned 'smart' hub.

0 Ratings