cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beamobhoy
Beginner
875 Views
Message 331 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

FFS, my family are at war with me about this. I only switched to get BT sport cheap but have paid the price by not having Internet "on tap". Was hoping that a Hub5 may resolve my issues and my family won't be hanging me by my short and curlies! Will try the Hub5 but will probably end up cancelling and having a huge argument by Friday.....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Wookie999
Beginner
854 Views
Message 332 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

But think how fit you will get running around switching that Hub off and on again...all day...all night...

0 Ratings
Beamobhoy
Beginner
838 Views
Message 333 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Ha! Could do with losing a few pounds but not that many!
0 Ratings
JoeH
Contributor
772 Views
Message 334 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Why is this topic itemised as bug reporting + lmprovements. it should be called "BT white Elephant report." So please every one that is on this forum reporting about this, please get in touch with Watchdog , If they are unindated with complaints, they will take it on board. A big company like this should not be getting away with this, especially after the TV advert.

  They are already top of the list for complaints with Offcom.

Beamobhoy
Beginner
764 Views
Message 335 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Done just that JoeH
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
751 Views
Message 336 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements


@JoeH wrote:

Why is this topic itemised as bug reporting + lmprovements. it should be called "BT white Elephant report." 


It was called that because the OP started the thread when the Smarthub (HH6) was first introduced. It was to try and compile a useful list that BT could use to improve the Smarthub.

 

The thread has now just become a very long thread about all manner of complaints and moans about the HH6 and broadband connection problems whether caused by the HH6 or not and as a result the thread does not serve the purpose that the OP intended.

 

What it does do, is to keep all these moans and complaints in the one place, and being in excess of 34 pages with 335 posts it never gets fully read by anybody and as such none of the problems get addressed.

 

In my opinion the thread should be locked and anybody with a problem should start a new thread so that their individual problem/complaint can be addressed.

 

 

fred2103
Aspiring Expert
661 Views
Message 337 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Thought things were improving with firmware 2236 but now can't

connect at all to a 2.4Ghz connection and 5 is also a bit flaky.

 

Smart Hub is rapidly evolving into a brick/chocolate teapot

device and as useful. Completely a waste of money.

 

Are BT on the case? I doubt it as after all they are only

a 'communications company' that seems to have a

canny ability to deny the existance of customer problems.

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
634 Views
Message 338 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements


@gg30340 wrote:

@JoeH wrote:

Why is this topic itemised as bug reporting + lmprovements. it should be called "BT white Elephant report." 


It was called that because the OP started the thread when the Smarthub (HH6) was first introduced. It was to try and compile a useful list that BT could use to improve the Smarthub.

 

The thread has now just become a very long thread about all manner of complaints and moans about the HH6 and broadband connection problems whether caused by the HH6 or not and as a result the thread does not serve the purpose that the OP intended.

 

What it does do, is to keep all these moans and complaints in the one place, and being in excess of 34 pages with 335 posts it never gets fully read by anybody and as such none of the problems get addressed.

 

In my opinion the thread should be locked and anybody with a problem should start a new thread so that their individual problem/complaint can be addressed.

 

 


If they do lock it, I think the mods should do three things first.

 

1. Offer a general apology on behalf of BT for the fact that the Smart Hub was released prematurely with unsatisfactory firmware which has been replaced by later versions which were also unsatisfactory and, in many cases, have caused more problems than they solved. (In my own case, I was happy enough with the 21EC version but the 2236 version made the HH6 effectively unsusable.)

 

2. Tell us what BT consider the problems to be and what they are doing to rectify them, with a projected timescale.

 

3. In the meantime, make the different versions of the firmware available for download, with instructions for how to install them, so that people have a choice as to which version they want to run. This is, of course, what reputable router manufacturers do as a matter of course, and would allow someone like me to revert to the version which worked satisfactorily. As things stand, my HH6 is back in its box and will stay there.

 

p

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
618 Views
Message 339 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements


@prinknash wrote:



If they do lock it, I think the mods should do three things first.

 

1. Offer a general apology on behalf of BT for the fact that the Smart Hub was released prematurely with unsatisfactory firmware which has been replaced by later versions which were also unsatisfactory and, in many cases, have caused more problems than they solved. (In my own case, I was happy enough with the 21EC version but the 2236 version made the HH6 effectively unsusable.) That will never happen. It is not a universal problem affecting every user or every Smarthub.

 

2. Tell us what BT consider the problems to be and what they are doing to rectify them, with a projected timescale. That will not happen. No company would do that.

 

3. In the meantime, make the different versions of the firmware available for download, with instructions for how to install them, so that people have a choice as to which version they want to run. This is, of course, what reputable router manufacturers do as a matter of course, and would allow someone like me to revert to the version which worked satisfactorily. As things stand, my HH6 is back in its box and will stay there. BT are not a router manufacturer. They are an ISP and like all ISPs they provide a basic router which they lock so that nobody can tamper with it. They also control what software is on it for the same reason. If you want to adjust or control what software is on your router, buy a third party one.

 

p


 

0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
553 Views
Message 340 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

is that before or after they pull the plug on the adverts!!!

India still advising me there are no problems with the Smart Hub...Yeh!!!

0 Ratings