cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fruitbat
Message 361 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

As many have said, I have a HH6 or "smarthub", and recently having the same problems ip addresses failing or not connecting. BT have sent me a new hub but no change, still having problems connecting on ALL wifi. Please BT sort this out and get some working firmware!
0 Ratings
mrangryoven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 362 of 763

Im finding that devices drop off suddenly and then REFUSE to reconnect AT ALL. Windows gives a "Unable to connect to the Network" and in Network and sharing center it says "Unable to Authenticate". Updated on 26th October 2016, version number SG4B10002236. Absolutely appalled, especially when i have the whole family moaning at me to "Fix the WiFi" and i can't do anything because BT are useless and release GOD AWFUL updates.

Also, IPv4 Start and End address help popups are in Latin. Thought i'd share that too.

0 Ratings
nobby_uk
Beginner
Message 363 of 763

So I've been experiencing this problem since the firmware update. 

Last night I took the decision to do the factory reset as suggested above.

Press and held the button in and after 20 seconds or so it appeared to go through the motions. 

Once the blur light was back, I went though and re-applied my minimal config. Nothing fancy. 

Had a couple of dropouts on the hardwired connection about 10mins later, but then all was ok good. 

Have had a stable connection for all wirelss devices for 24 hours and then............yup - we're back to dropping all wireless connections again. So in my view, the factory reset does not work. 

There is something fundamentally wrong with this firmware release. 

0 Ratings
Hazy1980
Aspiring Contributor
Message 364 of 763

Exact same issue for me tonight!
Router a nice blue.. 2.4 ghz connected but no network connection.
5 ghz better.
On my 2nd Smart Hub deffo seems firmware related. Was fine before the update
0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 365 of 763

Did a map update of my TomTom yesterday and my Smart Hub disconnected so many times

during the 40 min process that my TomTom reports 'no map found' and it will not now go through

the TomTom procedure to put map back on. Many thanks BT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way after this the UNSMART HUB is still in a condition such that it frequently drops out and will not recognise

networks even exist..A COMPLETE DISASTER OF A PRODUCT.

ANY MODERATORS CARE TO COMMENT AS THAT WELL KNOWN FOR NOT COMMUNICATING COMPANY

STARTING WITH A 'B' WILL OBVIOUSLY NOT.

AT LEAST LET THEM UP THE MANAGEMENT CHAIN KNOW A LOT OF CUSTOMERS ARE A JUST A BIT FED UP.

RANT OVER

0 Ratings
Cjd-1
Contributor
Message 366 of 763

This is a monumental f up by BT. I would suggest emailing the boss (easy to find their addresses). I am now on the third smart hub and it's still in the box as I don't trust it one bit.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mrangryoven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 367 of 763

@Hazy1980Hazy, Is this what you have found? That would make sense as me and my father both have HP EliteBook 820 G1s with Dual Band N wireless adapters in and we have no issues what-so-ever, its just the wireless 2.4Ghz devices that seem to disconnect. I dont have the bands separated currently but I may try that and see if i can get a connection to hold on each. I find that rebooting the router helps for about 3 hours then it f's up again. Definitely a HUGE issue.

Sadly, i called BT about this issue and all i got was someone telling me off for having more than 15 devices connected at once and then she made me factory reset the smart hub, which helped for 3 days and that was it.

0 Ratings
Hazy1980
Aspiring Contributor
Message 368 of 763

I have separate bands and if my phone isn't responding on 2.4ghz it works if I swap to 5ghz.
A router restart yesterday evening has helped the 2.4 is stable at the mo(fingers crossed) however the restart took ages (stuck on an orange light) that's how my first one packed up, looks like I'm heading down the same road again!!
All was fine before the recent firmware update.
0 Ratings
mrangryoven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 369 of 763

I've just separated my bands and connected the few devices that can do 5G to the 5G network, as i restarted the router this morning 2.4Ghz seems to be okay at the moment, the same as you.

The Hub restart has always taken a long time for me, although its gotten significantly worse since the update, for me usually 6-10 minutes to restart.

What i've also noticed aswell is, after this update when the hub reboots IPv6 doesnt get enabled for around 20mins to 1hr after the hub has been up. Not a vital issue but something I have noticed.

What seems to happen is the 2.4Ghz antennas shut off, causing the WiFi Analyzer to see the signal tank to -200+ dBm and then power back up again but then it cant seem to lease any IP addresses to any of the 2.4Ghz devices (even though their IP hasnt changed and should be able to re-take the previous IP address.

0 Ratings
mrangryoven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 370 of 763

So, there seems to have been a software update this morning for the Home Hub 6. Ver: SG4B10002236 updated 24th November 2016

https://puu.sh/ssTBa/b404680dcc.png

I have no idea if this will fix these issues, only time will tell. My advertised speed has gone up too, its meant to be 76 Down 19 Up (or at least thats what it said before October update). From the last update that was extremely poor the speeds were (68 down and 15 up) but now they have seemed to return to pretty much normal. 

EDIT: I Just noticed, the version number is the same as before BUT the update date has changed? Hotfix maybe?

0 Ratings