cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 561 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Cannot see BT doing anything different to now in the short term as with the current

"Our most......yet" adverts would look a bit silly sending out/selling HH5's instead of

Smart Hubs while they fix them.

More likely to stick with it (in denial as is the norm) and then invent a Smart Hub 6B asap.

Naming it a Smart Hub 2 or anything else would beg the question "What was wrong with

the Smart Hub so soon after launch?".

All this will hopefully encourage a very speedy solution....We can live in hope!!!

Still getting the standard script from India so in no hurry to persuade then to send

me another HH6 as had 2 already.

0 Ratings
ianonline999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 562 of 763

I have been folowing this thread for a while after I to have had my smart hub replaced, only for the replacement to have the same problem as previous and the same as all of yours.
I decided to bite the bullet after wasting so much time with support I succombed to purchasing a TP Link Archer VR900 router from Amazon.
To be honest although it cost me £100 I am over the moon with it. Up and running now for 2 weeks, not the slightest issue, a truly great router and the best of it works straight out the box with BT TV no configuration, and where as I would sometimes get image break up on HD Internet channels on BT TV with HH5 and 6 with this router its all perfect

My smart hub is now in my cupboard and will gather dust

If you value your time and can afford it I suggest you do the same!

0 Ratings
oakserver
Aspiring Expert
Message 563 of 763

Unfortunately my VR900 failed during summer 2016 when he weather got warmer. It didn't seem to like the heat. I was very pleased with it up until that point and you will find reviews with people with similar problems.

I recently went with Asus DSL-68U which is proving to be very stable despite it not having a Broadcom DSL chipset. Will wait until summer befor I sing it's praises though.

0 Ratings
trapdoor
Expert
Message 564 of 763

@ianonline999 wrote:

it works straight out the box with BT TV no configuration, and where as I would sometimes get image break up on HD Internet channels on BT TV with HH5 and 6 with this router its all perfect

My smart hub is now in my cupboard and will gather dust

If you value your time and can afford it I suggest you do the same!

Just a word of warning. Do NOT update the VR900 using any of the firmware images available on the TP-Link support site as it will break the BT TV functionality. TP-Link support confirmed this and advised to only use either the factory supplied firmware or the first version listed on the support page.

Other than that, the VR900 for me has been completely rock solid and I have had fewer issues across the whole of my network than I had with the Hub3, Hub4 or that car crash of the 'SmartHub'.

i have a HH5 in the cupboard as an emergency fall-back but have no intention of ever using a BT branded router again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ianonline999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 565 of 763

Upgrading the firmware to the latest on their site was the first thing I did and all works fine 

0 Ratings
Simonb1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 566 of 763

Again, why are we left in the dark and having to speculate when the product we have bought and the service we are paying for each month will work as intended?

Why doesn't someone from BT give us an update? Surely we deserve that?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 567 of 763

@Simonb1

@Simonb1 wrote:

Again, why are we left in the dark and having to speculate when the product we have bought and the service we are paying for each month will work as intended?

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read

0 Ratings
Owenlars
Beginner
Message 568 of 763

I had a Hub 6 delivered last Wednesday, it connected to internet and I could see and access the Hub Manager via Ethernet and WiFi, however could not access internet by any devices, also TV not working and dial tone on landline phone disappeared.    Helpful lady in India said she could see possible line fault near house and ordered an Openreach technician.  She also said re connecting old Hub 5 would probably not help.

After phoning off I reconnected Hub 5 and bingo 60 Mbps instant connection and TV back on song but still no dial tone,

phoned back customer service to tell them and received instant offer of replacement Hub 6 which should arrive today, also technician still coming.  Given everything else on this forum I await developments with interest, however Hub 5 likely to stay in use for some time I suspect.

0 Ratings
Simonb1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 569 of 763

John46,

I don't think thats that's entirely correct. The forum has the trademarks BT logo at the top of the formum, it sits on BT servers, BT use it to release information and what I believe are staff do post on here.

BT must surely be aware of the issues people are having with the Hub 6 and could easily provide an update here. However, if they chose to do it through another medium that is fine also. They have my home address, email address, telephone number and I have a complaint about my home hub running. The complaint is over a month old and I have had no contact about it.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 570 of 763

@john46 wrote:

@Simonb1 

@Simonb1 wrote:

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read

That's true, but given the moderators have posted in the past on the state of the firmware (see Smart Hub firmware) it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect some further updates, especially given things don't seem to have improved since the release that was posted in October/November timeframe.

Regards

0 Ratings