cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savagem1988
Message 631 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

BT Home Hub 6 kicking out Apple products

Hi BT please can you fix the fault with apple products as I am finding with devices connected to the 5 ghz band are dropping out after a few hours compared to my HH5 that works all thed time withd no drop outs.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 632 of 763

try connecting your apple devices to the 2.4Gz not the 5Ghz some apple devices have problems with 5Ghz
0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 633 of 763

Strangly our ipad mini has issues with 2.4 band and better if not perfect with 5Ghz band.

0 Ratings
RobertM
Contributor
Message 634 of 763

I have iPhones and iPads connecting on 5GHz with no problems at all.

For that matter they connect on 2.4GHz as well, though a better faster connection on 5GHz

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 635 of 763

@RobertM wrote:

I have iPhones and iPads connecting on 5GHz with no problems at all.

For that matter they connect on 2.4GHz as well, though a better faster connection on 5GHz

Same here. And a couple of MacBook Pro machines as well.

p

0 Ratings
Highlighted
TheArtfulDodger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 636 of 763

The HH6 does not comply with the IEEE 802.11 WLAN architecture in that the max length of the HH6 is 30; SSID is a case sensitive, 32 alphanumeric character unique identifier attached to the header of packets sent over a wireless local-area network (WLAN).

I think that this is a software issue with the HH6 that needs to be corrected ASAP by way of a software upgrade!

i know this because I have just spent all day trying to upgrade from HH5 to HH6 and finally had to go back to my HH5!

Sparky

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 637 of 763

I don't like to defend the Hub 6, but your statement is incorrect. According to Section 8.4.2.2 SSID element of the IEEE 802.11 Part 11. Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specification... "The length of the SSID field is between 0 and 32 octets."

If the Hub 6 allows a maximum of 30 characters then it still within the valid range i.e., more than 0 and less than 32.

Regards

0 Ratings
TheArtfulDodger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 638 of 763

Sorry to have to disagree with your interpretation - if "The length of the SSID field is between 0 and 32" characters, then an SSi

D of 32 characters is valid. But, the HH6 refuses to allow an SSID of 32 characters. Thus my claim. Also, see "http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/SSID.html" where it states that the "SSID is a case sensitive, 32 alphanumeric character unique identifier attached to the header of packets sent over a wireless local-area network (WLAN).

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 639 of 763

The point is that the standard states that the SSID has a valid range of between 0 and 32 octets. It does not state that an SSID must be 32 octets.

If you wish to believe the webopedia web site then that's OK. Personally I'll go by the people who wrote the standard.

Regards

TheArtfulDodger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 640 of 763

The standard says I CAN use 32 chars but the hh6 does not allow it! That says the hh6 does NOT meet the standard!!

0 Ratings