Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TheArtfulDodger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 711 of 763

Re: BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements

Hello, PaddyB:

Would you please advise BT that their HH6 does not meet the spec for the SSID? The spec defines an SSID as 0 - 32 alfanumeric characters and the HH6 only accepts 30. As a result of this I spent a day trying to get the devices on my network to connect with the HH6; when I figured out the problem was with the HH6, I promptly reinstalled my HH5 and I am waiting until the HH6 meets spec before I take it out of the box again.

Sparky

0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 712 of 763

MorgaineD

There are many ISO standards, I know as I had to deal with them (ISO).

btw ISO was commonly known as 'International Sightseeing Organisation' due to the locatiions of the annual/bi-annual/any other time meetings.

The implimentation of a given standard was to a certain degree an 'inhouse' matter.

When you see a product label saying 'Lifetime warranty' the definition is 'kept' inhouse and meaningless to the customer.

Ho-hum

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 713 of 763

@DavidCo wrote:

MorgaineD

There are many ISO standards, I know as I had to deal with them (ISO).

btw ISO was commonly known as 'International Sightseeing Organisation' due to the locatiions of the annual/bi-annual/any other time meetings.

The implimentation of a given standard was to a certain degree an 'inhouse' matter.

When you see a product label saying 'Lifetime warranty' the definition is 'kept' inhouse and meaningless to the customer.

Ho-hum

David

Interesting comment.

Happy days for some, but not all, when it got down to the nuts and bolts of the tasks to be dealt with in such meetings!

0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 714 of 763

@PaddyB writes:

> @MorgaineD I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your Smart Hub.

I am lucky enough to have a HH5 which works very well, so I sympathize strongly with fellow customers who are prevented from experiencing good quality service from BT, either because they have been provided with broken HH6 hardware or because their previously working HH6 has been destroyed by a broken firmware update.

The fact that some people have been provided with 5 or more Smart Hubs in the hope that one might work highlights just how ludicrous this has become.  It is not a normal support situation, and I am quite certain that there is not a single senior BT manager who would claim that it is.  It needs an appropriate and informative response to all those affected, not more pretending that there is nothing abnormal occurring.

@Jaimespencer wrote:

> Why can't one of the moderators on here openly state their is a problem.

The above request comes in a > 700 post thread about Smart Hub troubles, so I think it's safe to say that there is a very significant problem present which is affecting a substantial number of customers.  It would be responsible to acknowledge this situation and to escalate it higher up for official comment.

0 Ratings
DaveD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 715 of 763

I really wish that I had done my homework befoe purchasing this 'upgrade'  to HH6 

Like many others in this thread - I have a box that is riddled with problems ( as  someone who works in IT, I know) 

Plus points (when its working) : 

Better Wifi Range 

Faster throughput

Single Box incorporating VDSL modem 

Negative Points  (Where do I start) 

Needs rebooting almost daily, sometimes more  

Multiple devices not connecting

Multiple devices dropping off

(Different device tyoes, OS's, phones, laptops, Tablets, PI, even my Internet picture frame) 

Random dropouts

Frustrating UI

I have checked that the lastest BIOS is loaded, Separated the 2.4 & the 5 Networks, removed other devices that may interfere, Factory Reset, Changing the WIFI SSID's names & also both Smart & Manual Channel picking along with rebotting every electrical device in the  house multiple times on almost a daily basis now. 

Just putting together a complaint now after wasting yet another hour on this tonight beofre getting it all up & running again 

0 Ratings
Jaimespencer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 716 of 763

Sorry I'm also having major problems it's a joke after 3 months 

0 Ratings
Tony8ken71
Beginner
Message 717 of 763

Yes i have had two smart hubs sent and a hub 4 the hub 4 is the more stable but im having all the exact issues you explained  including numerious customer service representitives trying to tell you its an issue at your end i even ripped all the sockets out my house bar the master socket only to be told that they believe there is a fault on the line im currently at my end with bt im thinking of buying a modem not bt issue and then proving it is there equipment ask to be refunded for all the problems this has been going on since the middle of December one engenieer told me the smart has loads of issues >>>>>> pulling ma hair out here .

0 Ratings
DaveD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 718 of 763

Actually thats exactly what I plan to do 

I will go through the problem reporting process and then follow one of the guides on here to request a refund, I am not just angry, I am actually disappointed that BT have released a product that is clearly not fit for purpose or has Firmware that is just not up to the job.  

I feel that I got conned into a supposedly half price offer, not worth it even if it was free ! 

I have used a number of Netgear / ASUS and Vigor routers over the years so will be looking at these and also going to make sure that I read a few more Forum reviews on here before I take the plunge.   

I have checked the Dell/Sonicwall  - Routers/Firewall/Wireless devices at work and they have uptimes in hundreds of days - thats the sort of reliability that I expect from an applicance these days 

0 Ratings
Dobie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 719 of 763

Found this thread recently while looking for answers to problems and thought i would add my input.

Having been tempted away from Sky with tempting offers, i took the bait and moved over 3 weeks ago.

I can honestly say i've had more broadband trouble in 3 weeks than i had in 10 years with Sky. 

This home hub 6 is without doubt the biggest piece of junk i've ever owned. It will randomly reboot (middle of a Netflix TV show is one of it's favourites), and it's a lottery each day to see who's phone freezes up first with the wifi. We have 2 phones on 5ghz & 2 tablets on 2.4ghz and it can't cope with that without the wifi crashing randomly. It normally ends with the hub rebooting or having to manually reboot it to get the wifi back. When friends or family come round and ask for the wifi password, they wonder why i have the look of sheer panic on my face.

I have tried everything suggested but it's clearly a firmware problem, firmware that was apparently created by a 5 year old.

Unfortunately, being a new customer i do not have the option of replacing this junk with an older, more reliable model.

I have reported it as a fault through My BT, but i have heard nothing back so i assume all these online fault reports go straight into a giant BT junk folder. My only other option is to spend an hour or so of my life listening to someone in India going through a check list, resulting in having a fresh factory reset piece of junk.

So unless a fix comes along soon i fear my only option is to buy a replacement router or risk enduring a very long suffering 11 months!

0 Ratings
fred2103
Aspiring Expert
Message 720 of 763

Tell me about it (Oh you have). My purgatory has been going on for 6 months

with no end in sight if I am honest!!!

Not much point trawling through 700+ posts as you won't find a solution, and India

think chocolate teapot.

I think they will send you a HH5 (not fault free) but better, if you ask nicely.

I've even been offered a HH4 as they appear to be short of HH5 (I wonder why?).

Expecting this thread to be closed as not what they want to hear no doubt.

0 Ratings