Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dclawson
Beginner
Message 1 of 26

BT Smart Hub SG4B1000D038 Firmware Update

Go to solution

After the recent SG4B1000D038 BT Smart Hub firmware update has anyone had problems with iPhone wifi  (5GHZ) connection?

Two seperate iPhones 7's, one on IOS 12 and one on 11, both struggling to hit 1MB on fast.com after the update. I've tried a network reset on both phone's and a restart on the router but nothing seems to be working.

Anyone else haveing similar issues?

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: BT Smart Hub SG4B1000D038 Firmware Update

Go to solution

Try ONE factory reset of the Smarthub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

After that make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Smarthub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

Some devices have a problem with the Smarthub dual band having the same SSid (name). You should try splitting them.

See links

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

Sonia29
Beginner
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution
Having similar issues! Did you resolve the issue?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

@Sonia29 have you tried the suggestions by @gg30340

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sonia29
Beginner
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution
@imjolly
@gg30340

Hi, after the firmware update, my iPhone 7 seemed to slow now and then so I split the SSID and the 5Ghz showed for 15 minutes then disappeared never came back and nothing seems to find it so I just done a power off for a few minutes then back on to see if that works before I try the reset and the the 5GHz came back for 15mins then disappeared again and my speed has dived from 51 to 39mb so should I still try the reset? and if so will my speed come back?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

@Sonia29wrote:
@imjolly
@gg30340

Hi, after the firmware update, my iPhone 7 seemed to slow now and then so I split the SSID and the 5Ghz showed for 15 minutes then disappeared never came back and nothing seems to find it so I just done a power off for a few minutes then back on to see if that works before I try the reset and the the 5GHz came back for 15mins then disappeared again and my speed has dived from 51 to 39mb so should I still try the reset? and if so will my speed come back?

Hi @Sonia29. Just be aware that too many router reboots then DLM will interpret that as noise and throttle down your speed to cope.

AndyAbbott
Beginner
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

I am also having issues which I believe are down to the update. All my various wifi devices seem to be ok reporting normal up and down speeds, however, my iPhone 7 plus has a very poor connection. The ping and jitter speeds in Speedtest are shockingly high (usually around 30ms ping with virtually no jitter, now ping can vary from 30 to 300 with jitter in the seconds!). I have an old iPhone 5s which shows no sign of the issue. Very confusing. I have already tried a 'reset network settings' to no avail. Might try a factory reset of the router. Has anyone else managed to fix the issue or do you think it will be a matter of waiting for the next firmware update?

Thanks Andy 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

did you split the wireless networks following link posted by @gg30340

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AndyAbbott
Beginner
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

I haven't yet. The odd thing is i have 7 wifi devices, 4 of which are on 5g with no issues and 2 on 2.4g with no issues. I will try splitting the SSID's and also a factory reset. Hopefully BT will release an update soon!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

try splitting networks after factory reset and remember turn off smart setup