cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlmclaren94
Contributor
Message 61 of 211

Re: Smart Hub 6 Temporary loss of 5Ghz Channel Connection

I wish you look, I found I had a lot more issues with the newer firmware than the old one (first release)...

I also noticed on the replacement hub BT sent me the firmware didn't update dispite being connected for near a week, I'm wondering if BT might have pulled the new firmware for some reason.

0 Ratings
aburton1a
Beginner
Message 62 of 211

Re: BT Smart Hub - Wi-Fi Issues

Just discovered this thread.  I've had the smart hub for about 3 weeks now. I've experienced all the issues you've all experienced to the point I've got so frustrated with the WiFi issues, I've given up and now using my old Hub 5 again which seems a delight to use compared to the Smart Hub.  I'm experiencing daily drop outs of both 2.4 and 5Ghz channels for hours on end - although the problem is worse with the 5Ghz. My devices keep asking me for password before giving me a 'Can't connect' message. BT Control panel doesn't remember settings - especially when assigning static IP addresses to devices - it says it saved it - but it doesn't.

Having said that - when it does work it has generally has a stronger signal than the Hub 5, and has generally faster network speeds particularly when reading and writing files to my NAS, although does for no apparent reason slow down from time to time .

I'm hoping BT come up with a firmware update fast since I'm pretty annoyed in shelling out £50 for a router that is not fit for genereal release and sitting on the shelf unplugged gathering dust after weeks of purchasing.

0 Ratings
dbedford
Contributor
Message 63 of 211

Contact BT using the Phone number in the manual and discuss it with them, they will help and offer a replacement. Maybe even your money back once they get the router back using their free return packaging. 

0 Ratings
DrMr
Message 64 of 211

Very disappointing piece of kit. It simply does not work with iPads and iPhones, and my wifi printer (HP) is now in limbo. BT phone help line had 1 hour delays and three attempts to use the ring back option failed. Finally pressed the firmware reset button and now it glows green but does not even attempt to connect to broadband.
I have given up and reverted to Home Hub which works fine. I'm returning the Smart Hub as not fit for purpose and requesting full refund. Lost time struggling with it: 6 hours!
0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 65 of 211

@DrMr wrote:
Very disappointing piece of kit. It simply does not work with iPads and iPhones ...

I share concerns about the Smart Hub not currently being fit for purpose but in fairness wanted to say that your statement above isn't true for me. At any one time we have up to 4 iPhones and 3 iPads connected to our Smart Hub (running firmware 21EC) and I'm not aware that any family members are suffering from connection problems.

I have, as always, disabled Smart Setup and split the Wifi bands. I wonder if you haven't and that has something to do with your problems?

p

0 Ratings
mlmclaren94
Contributor
Message 66 of 211

Well I've heard back from BT's Resolutions, they're looking to settle my complaint with £30's worth of compensation as account credit...

I think I'll just settle, whats the point, so far BT's inept customer service has landed me with a £15-17 a month discount on my account (Infinty 2 + Weekend Calls) and now this, they've sent out returns packaging and already refunded the charges for the 'No So' Smart Hub... or the 2 of them in my case when they cocked up and charged me twice.

I will not be suggesting BT to anyone unless absolutly neccessary and can not see myself coming back to them in the future... roll on January... or December when they'll get their notice.

dfh.JPG

DrMr
Message 67 of 211

I'm pleased for you, but our 2 iPads and 2 iPhones simply could not hold connection for more than a few minutes. So I split the Wifi bands as instructed and then I disabled Smart setup but no difference: messages (various) were "you are not connected to the Internet" or "server not responding". Finally I reset the firmware as instructed and the hub then glowed green - for 15 minutes. Switched off, left it, switched on - green light for 30 minutes.
I eventually gave up and reconnected my old home hub (thank goodness I hadn't sent it back for recycling). It went through the connection routine and now everything works again - perfectly!
We live in rural Suffolk with no obvious interference from neighbours - nearest house quarter mile away. I stick by my judgement that this kit does not work properly and is NOT fit for purpose.
0 Ratings
carmel79
Message 68 of 211

Re: Smart Hub 6 Temporary loss of 5Ghz Channel Connection

Hi

I have had my hh6 for a week now was all good for 5 days was sweet. But now i have the same problem has everyone else just constaly wifi dropping out. tried everything nothing works.

Want my hh5 back.

can you help?

0 Ratings
angharads1985
Beginner
Message 69 of 211

Hi all,

I got my Smart Hub about 3 weeks ago after moving back to BT from Sky due to problems. Everything was hunky dory, the only change from default is that is disabled smart setup from the beginning, great speeds upto 71mb through wifi. Yesterday I noticed the hub reboot itself, and then from nowhere the BT wifi FON and wifi X appeared. I checked my phone a little while later, and my wifi signal had gone. I couldn't get it to connect no matter how many times I restarted the hub so I went to bed. My Amazon Fire TV and other devices were still connected. This morning my phone had reconnected, but my Fire TV wouldn't connect. I disabled my phone, reconnected the Fire TV and couldn't reconnect my phone (Android) again. I spent 2 hours on the chat option talking to BT, tried rebooting, splitting the frequencies, changing the wifirst password, no improvement. I was told to leave it a few hours so I went out. I came home, no change, so went on the chat option again. Eventually I managed to get the BT support guy to turn off the BT FON option on my hub, straight away everything connected perfectly as before. 2 minutes later BT FON reappeared on my list and everything disconnecred again. I've now been told that it has been permanently disabled and may take 8-24 hours to disappear from the available networks.....I hope it will disappear by the morning and that the devices will then reconnect without issue as before...
0 Ratings
Cjd-1
Contributor
Message 70 of 211

Same issue here on the wifi. I'm pretty technical. But this baffles me. We have

iphone 4, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad mini 2. All won't connect. 

IPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c all will connect. 

Ive solar the 2.4 and 5 bands. I've changed to different ssids. 

Im really uni pressed by this. Ok my hub was free but I still expect it to work and be better than the hh5. 

Any ideas please. 

0 Ratings