Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trevstar
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Smart Hub not working with Devolo Power line adapters

Hi,

I just got My BT Home hub 5 (type A) replaced with the latest BT Smart Hub and now been struggling to get the powerline adapters to work which were working fine with the prevoius router. spend all day trying to figure out the issue, called BT support, tried to reset the PL adapters, all the tip & tricks but no result. If I connect the previous router BT hub 5 the PL works fine! tried disabling smart in settings of the new hub but still the same. the cockpit software of the Devolo adapters just says no Dlan found and at times  it detects and disconnects! 

I feel I made a mistake going for the BT plus and new router! no support to solve the issue from BT and I hope this can get sorted as it must be a problem for many, while BT says its the best new Hub!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Smart Hub not working with Devolo Power line adapters

Is there anything you need from the Smart Hub? Not a direct solution, but as a heads-up there are plenty of alternative routers you can use and you may get a discount from BT if you bring your own hardware. BT Plus hopefully doesn't oblige customers to use their router.

0 Ratings
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

...or if you still have the HH5 you could swap back to that.

0 Ratings
Trevstar
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply.

Yes I do have the HH5 and do not plan ot return it to BT to recycle it!

All my other devices are now working with the new Smart hub except the Devolo power line adapters which was using

for the BT view box and Samsung DVD player in the hall. i have 4 Devolo PLA's and  dont want to go for a new one.

I need to find the way how to get it working with the Smart hub!

0 Ratings
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 12

Out of interest, what is the must-have feature of the SmartHub? Is it better in other ways that you notice? Presumably everything was already working with the tried and tested HH5 device too?

I vaguely recall seeing some papers that suggest possible interference between the faster homeplug frequencies and things like G.Fast, e.g. mentioned in this post towards the end:

https://specklepattern.wordpress.com/2018/03/03/seven-generations-of-homeplug-powerline-adapters-com...

If this were the problem, then some slower old generation PLAs ought to be a fix.

0 Ratings
Trevstar
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Hi,

I managed to get the PLA's working again with help from devolo suport team. 

But now I am facing problems with the cockpit software on PC which detects the connection and in a few 

seconds gets disconnected.

I have screen captured the error I get uploaded here.

Meanwhile the adapters are working so far so good.

The good stuff is BT hub is moving up the score board!Devolo cockpit 1.PNGDevolo cockpit 2.PNG

0 Ratings
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

How does the software work if you plug the PC into one of the adapters?

e.g. bring another adapter into the room with the PC and connect the PC to that so you're homeplug bridge is within the same room.

That'll help determine whether the problem occurs between the SmartHub and the existing adapter or is an issue with the communication between adapters.

Also, what's the model number of your homeplug adapter? Are they homeplug2 AV1200 or upwards?

0 Ratings
Trevstar
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Every adapter in the same room works the same and all get connected.

The problem lies with the Smart hub not able to detect the PLA in the software.

I use Devolo 500 AV triple +, along with 500 AV mini and 500 AV plus.

One note is if I use the BT hub 5 then all functions are normal.

The smart hub needs a firmware update to solve these issues!

Trevstar
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Hi,

Connected PC via a Devolo adapter as advised  by Devolo technical support  and now it shows all adapters connected with the speed rate. The BT Smart Hub has not improved my signal  level and I feel the BT hub 5 was much better.

Devolo cockpit 4.PNG

I hope the BT signal will improve!

0 Ratings
paxford_pete
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

I have recently upgraded to the new Smart Hub using infinity 2.  Have 3 x Devolo 1200+ adapters in the home (Study, Loungs and spare bedroom) and all work fine EXCEPT I get the Devolo cockpit issue of not detecting any Dlan adapters. OK I can still happily use the Dlan network but have no facility for monitoring nor managing the network.  Assumed perhaps a hardware firewall issue in the Smarthub at first (data traffic getting through fine but control traffic being kept out?) however seeing many others have had similar problems not so sure.  BT if this is your problem please talk to us and let us all know your plan to resolve this issue.

0 Ratings