Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
breweruk
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

BT Smart Hub port forwarding for Humax HDR - help needed, please

Go to solution

Hi,

I've recently had FTTP installed and, along with it, a brand new BT Smart Hub. All is working fine except for my wife's Humax box which can no longer load the box's TV Portal, so she can't access iPlayer etc.

The Smart Hub is showing that the Humax is connected, and the Humax thinks it's connectd, too. 

I called BT and they said they could set up the port forwarding for the Humax for me but that it would cost £30. The helpful assitant said that there are tutorials online, so I figured I would give that a go first - but have failed.

I called Humax and the guy there said it's easy to do and gave me the following settings which he said I should enter in the port forwarding area of my new hub.

HTTP: 80
HTTP: 8080
SSL: 443

So I went into my hub's advanced settings, then clicked on port forwarding, clicked on 'create a new port forwarding rule' and then got these fields (below). The trouble is, I don't know what to do next because the instructions from Humax don't match the names of the fields below. Can anyone help me figure out the values to put in those boxes, please?

David

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 18.14.42.png

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Smart Hub port forwarding for Humax HDR - help needed, please

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @breweruk

You do not need to use port forwarding for outgoing connections. Port forwarding is only needed when you want to allow incoming connection from the Internet, to a program or application running on a computer or console connected to your local network

Is this a BT YouView box that you have, and is it directly connected to the home hub?

How long have you had the box?

0 Ratings
breweruk
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Keith, 

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks

That screen grab was taken last night with my old BT TV box in place. This morning I took delivery of a new BT youview box which has replaced the old box and is working fine. My Sky box is working perfectly, too. It's just the Humax, which connects but won't load the TV Portal with all the on-demand stuff on it. It was the Humax call centre engineer who said I needed to set port forwarding so I went along with it. What I can't figure out is why the Humax won't work with the new hub; it did with the old. Perhaps it's a coincidence and the Humax is on the blink. It is five years old.

David

0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Which model Humax do you have?

I've got an HDR-1100S and it just works - no configuration of the HH6 was required.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

There have been some changes to the YouView platform recently, so its possble the old Humax needs updating to receive the new online players.

See if you can force a software update on the old Humax box, there may be an option to select a software update check?

It may be too old to work on the new platform.

If you have moved from the old BT Vision+ platform, to BT YouView, then the old BT Vision+ box will no longer work for iPlayer or other catchup players, as you are now on a totally different platform. It can still be used as a FreeView PVR.

This sounds more likely frow what you said.

0 Ratings
breweruk
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Its an HDR-Fox T2 - five years old.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
breweruk
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks Keith, I will give that a go.

David

0 Ratings
breweruk
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Searched for new updated on the Humax but it couldn't find any. The connection is fine, it's just that the box can't load the TV Portal for on demand.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@breweruk wrote:

Searched for new updated on the Humax but it couldn't find any. The connection is fine, it's just that the box can't load the TV Portal for on demand.

I am wondering if the TV portal was being loaded from the old Vision+ platform. Now that has gone, with the changeover to the YouView platform?

If you need another device for things like iPlayer or Netflix, most of the streaming devices like the Amazon Fire Stick, or Google Chromecast, have these built it.

0 Ratings
breweruk
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks Keith, but no, the Humax is connected via its own dedicated port. It's independent from the BT TV box. I think it might be a problem with the Humax. I will post in their forum to see if anyone can come up with a plan. Thanks David

0 Ratings