Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchodgson
Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Smart Hub port forwarding for Humax HDR - help needed, please

Go to solution

David

I have the same model Humax and have no problems with it connecting. I have given it a static IP address for ease of managing the network so you might try that.  You have to go into the menus on the Humax to do that and choose an address outside the DHCP range of the router: on mine I chose 192.168.1.70 as my router hands out 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.253 but I can't remember if that range is standard or if I set it.  I would try that and see if it helps.

what I can confirm is that on that model you do not need port forwarding and it is nothing to do with you view etc.  

Hope  that helps 

tim

0 Ratings
Taffia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Hello

If it helps, I have Humax HD Fox T2 STB, purchased 2012 and I just plugged in into the back of my 3com

router, and it just worked.

Now I have an HH3a replacing the 3com router, I just plugged the humax box  into one of the 100baseT ethernet ports

and again it just worked. No HH3a settings need altering.

regards

Andrew

0 Ratings
breweruk
Beginner
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks Tim, I tried fiddling with the IP address settings but the TV Portal on the Humax still won't load. 

0 Ratings
breweruk
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Good to know Andrew, thanks. I guess I just need to keep searching for a solution.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Everything should just be plug and play without having to enter any settings or forward any ports.

If I were you I would start again.

First of all disconnect the Humax from the Smarthub and carry out a factory reset of the Humax. 

After you have done that carry out a factory reset of the Smarthub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This will delete anything you have already tried/entered into the Smarthub and give you a clean sheet to start from.

Once the Smart hub has restarted make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

Now that both devices are "factory fresh" you should connect the Humax as per the "set up" instructions and connect it to the Smarthub by plugging in the Ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports on the Smarthub.

Tune it in to the TV signals and ensure that you are getting the correct TV channel. The Humax should now "find" the correct settings from the Smarthub and allow the TV Portal to connect to the Internet.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
breweruk
Beginner
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

This issue is now resolved. Thanks to everyone for their help in trying to find the answer. In the end it appears to have been nothing to do with my new BT Smart Hub 6; apparently it was one of those spooky coincidences with the Humax box going on the blink the same day of the switch over. The team on the Humax forum helped me get to the bottom of the problem with some detailed advice. If anyone else has this issue, then please take a look at this three-page three which should result in a fix - it did for me. Humax Forum

David

0 Ratings