Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
scotsnapster
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Smart Hub sync speed slower than BT Hub 5

Go to solution

My FTTC broadband connction was 45 Mbps with my BT Hub 5. As soon as I connected my new BT Smart Hub the sync speed dropped then dropped again down to 40.86 Mbps. I reconnected my Hub 5 and speed is now 43.28 Mbps.

Why is the sync speed slower with the BT Smart hub?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Smart Hub sync speed slower than BT Hub 5

Go to solution
every router I have ever used has always shown connection speed differences different chipsets perform differently
0 Ratings
Bill-lord
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Not only is the sync speed slower but speed tests at the BT tester and at Speed test.net are consistently 4mb slower on the HH6 than the HH5. MY HH6 is now in the cupboard as a backup and the HH5 is in use. It would be good if someone could sort this out.

0 Ratings
PCotgrave
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Same here...49mb on HH5, changed over to HH6 and down to 45mb and I'm expecting it to drop again.

I did recently swap back to HH5 and saw it jump to top end of 47 but began having issues with NAT type on multiple Xbox Ones in our home so swapped back to resolve it.

Have had an engineer out, replaced the face plate, reset the IP Profile (which the Twitter team REFUSED to do as there wasn't a problem) and received two phone calls from two different departments saying that there had been a fault on my line which the engineer told me wasn't the case when at my home.

If the HH6 drops again, I'll be writing a letter of complaint, demanding my fee back and have already began looking at 3rd party alternatives where I'll then ask for a further IP profile reset.

So disappointed it's an understatement, not only with the tech but with the inept customer service.
0 Ratings