Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

BT Smart Hub with Openreach modem

Hi all,

Had my smart hub for a little over a month now. Started off great but recently started locking up and on occasion orange light forcing me to power down and back up. Done the BT line tests but all clear. My speed has dropped from 80meg to 74meg (I know, I know, not noticeable). Anyway, never had problems with my Openreach modem (even though the HH5 was poor). I want to try the modem and router combo with the smart hub but can't figure out how to as there is no WAN port.

Is it possible?

If not how do I get a refund because this thing is so unreliable?

What router is rock solid and won't cost a bomb if I have to go down that route?

Thanks everyone,

Todd
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Smart Hub with Openreach modem

@CuReLeSsVeNoM wrote:
Hi all,

Had my smart hub for a little over a month now. Started off great but recently started locking up and on occasion orange light forcing me to power down and back up. Done the BT line tests but all clear. My speed has dropped from 80meg to 74meg (I know, I know, not noticeable). Anyway, never had problems with my Openreach modem (even though the HH5 was poor). I want to try the modem and router combo with the smart hub but can't figure out how to as there is no WAN port.

Is it possible?
No

If not how do I get a refund because this thing is so unreliable?
Unlikely to happen

What router is rock solid and won't cost a bomb if I have to go down that route?
Anything other than a HH, possibly avoid Asus.

Thanks everyone,

Todd

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

I think I'm going to try getting my money back.. Wish me luck.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a solid router with good WiFi (2x smart tvs streaming, 1x fire TV stick, 2 phones and 1pc)?

Thanks again,

Todd
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

0 Ratings