cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT SmartHub 1 Powerlne Network

Go to solution

I live in a long bungalow, with black breezeblock, full of stones, inner walls.  My master socket is in my study at one end of the house and the living area at the other.  My BT Master socket is in my study, a hangover from ADSL, dialup in our village was very unreliable.  My PC is connected to mySmartHub, by ethernet.  For several years, I have  a TP-Link (TL-PA9020P_KIT_V2) powerline connecting my SmartHub to my TV and Sky Q Box, which has worked well.

My wife has dementia and needs me to be close to her, so I have bought my first laptop.  Personal computering started for me with the launch of the IBM PC!

I would now like to setup a powerline network, so that I can use my PC as a sort of 'server', it has 4 hard drives.  Can I do this using my SmartHub, as the network hub?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT SmartHub 1 Powerlne Network

Go to solution

what router do you have and what protocol will the server use? The BTSmarthub2 isn't great for ftp but is  adequate for a small http server

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Are you basically just wanting to share your files/movies from your PC to your laptop?

Assuming you are using Windows on both the PC and Laptop all you will need to do is make the PC folders that you want to use "Public" or "Shared" folders and they should then be accessible to your Laptop which is on the same network.

There are plenty of web sites explaining how to do that.

✔️ Windows 10 - How to Share Files, Folders & Drives Between Computers Over a Network - YouTube

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Many  thanks.  Sorry for the delay in replying, family matters have taken priority.

0 Ratings