cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 39

Re: BT Smarthub 2 keeps disconnecting

@andreaferns120472 wrote:

My BT Smarthub 2 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting over the past 10 days, any ideas why?

@andreaferns120472 

That master socket is known to give problems, and is possibly the cause of the disconnections.

As mentioned https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M6775

Message 22 of 39

I have looked at the link and I dont really understand what to do. Is there a video? I have had countless BT and openreach engineers visit our property over the past 18 months.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 39

just unclip the front plate of master by squeezing the 2 sides.  you will then see the test socket  you then need to insert a filter into test socket then connect the cable from the hub into the filter and then hub should connect to the internet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 39

First you need to prove whether that is the issue, by leaving the home hub connected to the test socket for a few days, to see if you still get the disconnections.

Keith_Beddoe_0-1622719216861.jpeg

If its still fine after a few days, then replace the front filter plate, making sure that its held in tight, and see if the problem re-occurs. Sometimes just re-locating the front section can fix the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 39

So I should leave the plate of the master socket off permanently ?
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 39

just for a few days to see if connecting to test socket helps your connection stability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 39

what do i do if leaving the plate off helps my connectivity after a few days?
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 39

My phone line is also connected to this socket, should i still follow your instructions?
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 39

Either leave it off permanently or get a new master socket

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 39

You can still connect your phone to the filter

0 Ratings