cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Smarthub 2: retention of existing name & password

Go to solution

I've just received a new BT Smarthub 2, as part of BT's Digital Voice changeover. Unfortunately, it appears, I'll need to change the wifi name and associated password to the new hub, whereas I have 15-20 devices connected to the old one, and don't want to have to reconnect them all, which would take ages. Therefore is there a way to set up the new hub, please, whilst retaining the old one's user name and password, so the connected devices just have a small amount of downtime, though should reconnect automatically? Thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Smarthub 2: retention of existing name & password

Go to solution

@leeevans987wrote:

I've just received a new BT Smarthub 2, as part of BT's Digital Voice changeover. Unfortunately, it appears, I'll need to change the wifi name and associated password to the new hub,  .whereas I have 15-20 devices connected to the old one, and don't want to have to reconnect them all, which would take ages. Therefore is there a way to set up the new hub, please, whilst retaining the old one's user name and password, so the connected devices just have a small amount of downtime, though should reconnect automatically? Thanks.

Just change the new hub's ssid and password to match the old hub

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Log onto the BT Smarthub

Home (bthomehub.home)

and go to the Advance settings then click on wireless and change the SSiD and password to your previous details then click save.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
OK, thanks for your quick response; sounds too easy
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for your quick response; appreciated
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

It is easy.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks to all those who replied, especially so quickly. I've just got round to trying this ... and it worked! This has saved me a considerable amount of time, hassle and, especially. contributions to our club's Swear Box! 🙂

0 Ratings