cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT TV Network switch settings

Go to solution

Hi all, 

My Youview box is hard wired to router via 2 intermediary elderly Netgear  switches (not ideal, I know) ,  - have others got IPTV (eg BT Sport channels) to work with Netgear switches (presumably by  configuring IGMP snooping)?

Or are there other recommendations for gigabit switches that work with BT Sport etc?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT TV Network switch settings

Go to solution

I know from experience that the Youview box works fine when connected to the ethernet port of a Complete W-Fi disc (the black discs), I should imagine the same would apply to the white discs but can't be sure,

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I've had it working through one switch, never tried two

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@Timan 

TP-Link SG105/8 models work just fine . The E model gives you management ability but not really necessary so the basic 105/8 are perfect. And I've had BT Sport working through a 108E to a 105 to the Youview box.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Many Thanks - did you set any IGMP settings when connected 108E -> 105 -> Youview?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Mine runs off a tp-link router and then a couple of 1gb switches (one tp-link and one net gear). I’ve literally configured nothing and it works fine. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@Timan 

No I changed nothing on the 108E other than it's IP address.

Unless you need QoS or other such facilities then stick to the basic SG105/8  models.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks to all - Smart Hub 2 now arrived with FTTH and Bt TV & Sport works fine, passing through 2 Netgear switches

0 Ratings