Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhatter2426
Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: BT Ultrafast 2 and ASUS DSL AC88U

Go to solution

Hi, just got my gfast 330. Like you trying to get my dsl ac88u working. Updated to latest firmware that has appeared this month. But won’t connect. Set for infinity and by same username and password as you used but won’t connect. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
jonbigtelly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution
I have just checked all working with firmware 1.10.05 happy to send you pics of router settings if you would like
0 Ratings
madhatter2426
Contributor
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution
Yes please if you wouldn't mind. Do you have the router plugged into the nt5 dal port. Or does it go via a modem. Pics would be great.
0 Ratings
osbornj6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

Hi - I too have the ASUS DSL AC88U but cannot get it to connect to my Ultrafast (G.Fast) line.  I've got the latest ASUS firmware and have done a factory reset, but cannot get it to sync at all on the G.Fast line, whereas my BT Ultrafast hub has no problem  Can you share some pics please?

0 Ratings
osbornj6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

I got it working.  I updated the firmware to v1.10.06 build585 from the Asus Global (not UK) website.  Sadly, the Quick Internet Setup never worked.  I never synced so I was always prompted to identify my country and BB provider, but no matter which choice I made it never worked.  So, I quit from that process when given the list of BB providers.  It prompted me to set up the Wifi SSIDs before arriving in the main router admin pages.  From there I navigated to the "Administration" page and the "DSL Setting" tab within it.  On that page I set "DSL modulation" to "G.fast" and "ANNEX Mode" to "Annex A" and applied the changes.  It then made further sync attempts and connected OK.  After that, I began to configure it as I wanted.

I've still not figured out how to get the IP TV working for BT Vision.  It was easy on the DSL-AC68U which I used with the line was set up for normal VDSL2, as that firmware seems to be about a 1 more mature that ths DSL-AC88U version, with more features including AIMesh and support for the companion phone app.  Hopefully, ASUS will bring the DSL-AC88U to a similiar level of functionality in the coming months.  So if anyone has the DSL-AC88U working with BT Vision on this firmware, I'd appreciate some screenshots of description of the specific config.

0 Ratings
icepeek
Beginner
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

I still cant get BT Vision with this ASUS DSL AC88U. Has anyone found out if it is possible and if so what is the configuration? 

0 Ratings
icepeek
Beginner
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution
I also struggling to configure BT Vision. Did anyone got this to work?

Thank you.
0 Ratings
osbornj6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

Not as yet.  I got a case open with Asus, but so far they've initially ignored the wording of my original question and then sent me some notes that apply to the DSL-AC68U (which was my previous router).  There are enough differences between the two routers' firmware that the suggested configuration cannot be exactly matched on the DSL-AC88U, so I've responded again, with screenshots and am hoping they come up with another suggestion.

0 Ratings
osbornj6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

Could you please post/share those pics - thanks.

0 Ratings
osbornj6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

I finally figured out a way to make it work.  So, I know this worked on the current firmware (Version 1.10.06_Build591).  Firstly it involves a factory reset, to I'd recommend saving your current configuration to a file before you attempt this.

So assuming you've that version of firmware and you have a backup of the configuration from it too, perform a factory reset of the router.  Make sure you've a PC/laptop plugged to one of the ports with an Ethernet cable so you can get into the configuration web pages once it restarts.

On restart, navigate to the router's default IP address (192.168.1.1).  It will be attempting to connect to the Ultrafast (G.fast) service but it's NOT going to connect - you must let it time out which takes something like 5 mins.  You'll know when it has as you get provided with a list of countries to choose from.  Pick the UK.   You then get a list of ISPs to choose from.  Now, as someone else has said make sure you pick PlusNet (honestly!).  Then in the submenu for PlusNet, pick the option for BB + IPTV as this will set up the PVCs correctly with BOTH on VLAN 101 - you can't do this yourself afterwards as the firmware prevents you from creating another PVC with the same VLAN as another.  

It will then try to connect to the Ultrafast service, but again it never will.  This time you have to choose to exit this process by pressing the button on the left hand side of the web page that allows you to exit from that process.  It will ask you for the BT credentials ( bthomehub@btbroadband.com  and bt as the password) and to choose your SSIDs and passwords for 2.4 and 5Ghz frequencies.  Once that is done, it should (from memory) take you to the "normal" main web page for the router config.

Now, you then need to get the router connected, so you have to manually configure it to use the G.fast DSL modulation which is (from memory) under the Admin section and is on one of the tabs.  That should be the only setting you have to then change for it to start connecting to the Ultrafast service, which might take a few mins.  I should connect using Annex A.

Once that is working, I'd recommend still using Port 1 for your Ethernet connection to the BT TV box to be sure.  Reboot the BT TV box and see if it works for you.  You can also look at the settings for the PVCs and you should see the normal and bridge ones in there, both with VLAN 101 in.

Hope it works for you.

0 Ratings