Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icepeek
Beginner
Message 21 of 24

Re: BT Ultrafast 2 and ASUS DSL AC88U

Go to solution

@osbornj6 I had a faulty router... I have return it and now have another one. I did try to do what you suggested, however all the devices that are connected to LAN1 are not able to get an IP address, and therefore it doesnt works for me. Can you share you main settings screenshots, like the PVC, the DSL settings etc? 

There must be a way of making this work with such hard work....

0 Ratings
andy9054
Beginner
Message 22 of 24

Go to solution
Hi

I have same version of firmware you mention and followed all your steps but I still can’t get a dsl connection

I actually did out of the box with the setup wiz but then I upgraded the firmware and can’t get it going even manually configuring !

Any ideas?

Thanks
0 Ratings
jonbigtelly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 24

Go to solution

Hi, I updated the Router Firmware and had to follow your directions to get it connected again so thanks for that.

Does anybody have any answers as to why my router now will not try reconnecting after a DSL dropout ? It used to do so but now will only reconnect if I reboot the Router.

As my entire home is connected this is a real pain whilst on holiday ! I have set it to reboot every night and now connected a 3g USB as backup but would prefer it o just reconnect as before.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Ratings
andy9054
Beginner
Message 24 of 24

Go to solution

Hi Jon,

Do you have the latest version of firmware ? any chance you can tell me how you're getting it connected? 

I'm on v591 but the wizard doesnt work (following the country>plusnet > /vdsl iptv) and then manually configuring the dsl setting (gfast and annex a) through the admin pages also never gets it to connect. If you're able to share screenshots of the dsl configuration or anything i'm doing wrong?

Cheers 

0 Ratings