cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Unlimited - terrible connection to several devices in a very small flat!

Hi there,

I am having terrible issues with my internet in last year or so... and wondered if I could tap you all up for some advice:

- Bad connection to a Samsung Smart TV, a Roku device and a PS4 [when I say bad I mean it struggles to stream shows, sport end to end (particularly NowTV)]

- 1 Bedroom - in a very small flat! - is unable to stream at all without using a TP Link... when I say small flat - the laptop can't be less than 10 metres away from the router

Any thoughts welcome otherwise I will probably have to leave BT. I assumed it was maybe poor connectivity of a device at first but as it happens with more and more devices it is pointing to BT's service!

Thanks,

K

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Unlimited - terrible connection to several devices in a very small flat!

Turn off smart setup and also try changing wifi channels manually.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

thanks!

would this be applicable to a BT Home Hub 4 too?

Or only applicable to Smart Hubs?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Applies to hh4

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-want-to-improve-my-wi-fi/how-d...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks! I have done both of these now.

Just to make sure I am understanding, the logic behind splitting the internet into two networks (2.4 and 5) is that we can now toggle between on different devices depending on how close we are to the router?

i.e. the room that has bad coverage would be best to remain on the 2.4?

Or am I missing the point?

0 Ratings