Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stoobie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 41

Re: Unable to disable BT Web Address Help service

Go to solution
Thank you RobbieMac, I have completed the form.
0 Ratings
stoobie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 41

Go to solution
Hi Keith,

Yes, the laptop is locked down. I will have a look at the DHCP server option as I have a spare router which may be suitable.

Thank you for the suggestion.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 41

Go to solution

Yes, a spare router should be able to act as a DHCP server on the LAN side.

You would have to set the default gateway to 192.168.1.254  and the DNS server to Google or OpenDNS.

It would have to be on the same subnet, and you could make the DHCP scope the same as the home hub, or use a smaller range.

DHCP on the home hub would need to be off, then you would have to renew the laptop setting by a restart, if you have no access to the command prompt.

The only time this would not work, is if you have BT Protect, or BT Parental controls active on your account.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 41

Re: BT Web Address Help opt out isn't working

Go to solution

Hi @frenchy77

Welcome to the forum!  I'm sorry you're having this problem too.

As the community won't be able to help with this type of issue you can also send us over your details and we'll get you sorted.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @aos101@stoobie & @frenchy77

I'm just popping by to let you know that I have merged your threads together as you're all reporting the same problem.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
pearcesd
Message 16 of 41

Go to solution

It should be fixed now. My company had to drag in our BT account manager to get through to the residential BT techical teams because going through BT's 1st line support was like smashing your head against a brick wall. Eventually after 2 days of BT saying there wasn't an issue or anything they could do they admitted just over an hour ago there was an issue and actually fixed it. That response is as rare as rocking horse poo. I hope everyone affected and there were thousands can now access their work systems via vpn. 

BT why did it take so long to fix an issue which has obviously impacted thousands of people around the country?? Serious sort yourselves out because it's embarrassing!

Message 17 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @stoobie,

I gave your mobile number an home phone a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking. 

I'm sorry you were experiencing issues with the BT Web Address help. We did raised this with the team for investigation and they confirmed that the issue was fixed on Friday evening.

@aos101@frenchy77, that should also be back to normal for you as well. If any of you are still experiencing issues, please let me know.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
pearcesd
Message 18 of 41

Go to solution

@PaddyB It's very nice that you messaged people who complained it's now working again after I already told them. I am convinced if my company hadn't of escalated though our BT account manager this issue would still be going on today. Awful service absolutely awful. Still that's BT for you.

0 Ratings
stoobie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 41

Go to solution

Hi Paddy,

Thank you for your call, much appreciated. All appears to be working well again.

Regards,

Stuart

0 Ratings
stoobie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 41

Go to solution
Hi Keith,

Thank you for the information which I have made a note of. I plan to have my spare router set up as a back up so this information will be very helpful.
0 Ratings