Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aos101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 41

Re: BT Web Address Help opt out isn't working

Go to solution

Still broken Smiley Sad

Stuff like this is why people use other DNS providers like Google, OpenDNS, 1.1.1.1 etc.

0 Ratings
jamiekay
Beginner
Message 32 of 41

Go to solution

Same problem here. I tried calling BT to get it sorted four times. The first three I was cut off and the fourth time the guy refused to talk to me because I am not the named account holder. I then went to their complaint page and started an online chat but was disconnected from that too!

0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 33 of 41

Go to solution

@jamiekay

If BT offer the option (I am almost sure they do) of having an Authorised User on the account, you need to get the accound holder to set that up, and then you can get some help from the moderator. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 41

Go to solution

@jamiekay Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
jamiekay
Beginner
Message 35 of 41

Go to solution

@NeilODone.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 41

Go to solution

@jamiekay thanks, I see you're in our queue now. We'll be in touch later today or tomorrow at the latest. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 37 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @jamiekay,

Thanks for completing our form. I called you on your contact number and the contact numbers on the account but missed you. I am sorry that you haven't been able to get the support that you need.

I have made a change to the account and I'd like to know if it has helped you before I delve deeper. Can you reply back and let me know if BT Web Protect is no longer active for you please?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
0 Ratings
jamiekay
Beginner
Message 38 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS,

We saw the emails confirming the disabling of BT Web Protect. This seems to have worked for TLDs such as .co.uk and .com, but not custom domains, eg:

[jamie@jamie-laptop ~]$ ping ewrgarwgaogargoarg.com
ping: ewrgarwgaogargoarg.com: Name or service not known
[jamie@jamie-laptop ~]$ ping ewrgarwgaogargoarg.soemthingelse PING ewrgarwgaogargoarg.soemthingelse (92.242.132.15) 56(84) bytes of data.
[jamie@jamie-laptop ~]$ ping ewrgarwgaogargoarg.co.uk ping: ewrgarwgaogargoarg.co.uk: Name or service not known

So maybe this is a/the bug in your system? I really need this to work properly for my work VPN.

Cheers, Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 41

Go to solution

Good Morning @jamiekay,

Thanks for getting back to me and for confirming it's working for top level domains.

When you talk about custom domains not working, do they work without your work VPN connected?

Also, please send me a screenshot of an example of the BT Web Protect error message popping up for one of the working custom websites please.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
0 Ratings
jamiekay
Beginner
Message 40 of 41

Go to solution

@DanielS

This seems to be fixed now. Thanks.

Do you know why the preference on the Web Help Page doesn't work?

0 Ratings