cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trev7890
Message 1 of 8

BT Web Protect blocking a website

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first message.

I have BT Web Protect turned on but it's blocking a website that I know to be good as it is a friends site.

He has been in contact with his hosting company and they have found nothing wrong (this is after running numerous security checks etc on the website servers).

The website is http://saintjohndesign.com/ and is for commercial design/marketing. It is the only website that is being blocked and I have visited 100's possibly 1000's since I've had BT Web Protect turned on.

If I turn BT Web Protect off I can access the site as normal.

Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Trev

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Dode
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Web Protect blocking a website

There's a tab on the right that says Continue anyway. That allows you to access the site and should allow you to continue accessing the site after that, provided you're happy with the site.

Message 3 of 8

...not on a Mac using Safari there isn't! 😕

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Well there certainly was on this Mac using Safari, otherwise I wouldn't know about it, 'cause that's all I use.

Message 5 of 8

Maybe I am wrong - can you share a screenshot of the Continue Tab? 😕
0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 6 of 8

Unfortunately not, that was under High Sierra and Safari has had a few updates since then. I would need to access a dodgy site to get it to pop up but there has always been a way to allow you to overide it in the past.

0 Ratings
Zsam
Message 7 of 8

HI, You can also download Google Chrome on your Mac and then try to open the webpage

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

No need - removing BT Web Protect has not only resolved it but has made surfing MUCH faster! 🙂

0 Ratings