cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RevAlan
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Whole Home White Discs and printing using Ethernet

I have a BT Hub 6 and have just installed three BT Whole Home White Discs. I wish to plug my Kyocera Colour Laser printer into one of them so I can use it wirelessly. I used the ethernet connection but my laptop and my Mac cannot 'see' it. What do I need to do please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Whole Home White Discs and printing using Ethernet

When you look at the Whole Home App can you see the Printer is connected, also are you using the Whole Home Wi-Fi not the Guest network for the laptop and Mac?
One more question if you plug all in to the HUB can they see each other?
0 Ratings
RevAlan
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you. The app says that the printer is connected. I am still trying to connect the Mac and laptop to the printer via the connection.

Do you know if the disks chain off each other or do they all get their feed from the first disk which is plugged into the Hub? The reason I ask is that one of them does not get a good signal and i can’t move it nearer to the Hub.

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Depending on your set up, the discs will connect to the Master disc, normally via Wi-Fi. If the LEDs are Blue via 5GHz and if Orange via 2.4GHz. If you have more than one disc connected to the HUB via Ethernet then it could be any of the Ethernet connected discs, the system will select it.
But even if the connection between discs is 2.4GHz that’s OK, it’s a little slower but still good.
As per my recommendation, try to connect just via your HUB Wi-Fi first, then try to move the devices so they connect to the Whole Home Wi-Fi (Main system, not the Guest Wi-Fi)
0 Ratings